21. A Mission To Complete

"Please, Appa. Please help us", Taehyung pleads, holding his granddad's hands and looking up at him with the largest puppy eyes. Unfortunately for him, the man is already immune to his antics.

"Please, Appa", Jimin joins. Sejin snorts at the sudden endearment but doesn't oblige. "No. I did what I had to do. Now it's upto both of you and those foolish fathers of yours. Perhaps, that angel, too, but who's gonna tell him, huh?", he chuckles.

"Stop calling him an angel!", Taehyung complains, pouting. Jimin sighs. "You wouldn't say that if you had met him. He's like, the real version of an angel that can do no wrong". Taehyung scoffs. "I see you're taking the enemy's side. Guess I'll have to think of something all by myself", he says, dramtically falling face first on the couch.

Jimin pouts. He doesn't know what to do. To get their parents together again, they'll have to make them meet each other. And that's certainly not going to happen. They'll never agree to meet each other willingly. Both for different reasons.

"Why can't you help us, though?", he asks, looking at the oldest man in the room. Sejin shrugs. "Minie, Jungkook hasn't cheated on Joon but he did make a huge mistake. And Joon doesn't know that. It's not my place to tell him. I think I did a good job putting some sense into Kook's mind but that's all I can offer you. I don't want to make them feel forced. They should make their decisions completely on their own".

"But then why is it okay for us to decide for them?", Jimin counters. Because it doesn't make sense. If Namjoon's dad feels like he'd be forcing them to be together then why doesn't it apply to what he and Taehyung are doing?

Sejin smiles softly. "Because you're their kids. You know the pain of losing one of your parents, even if you might not remember it much. And you're not making decisions more them, baby. You're just trying to make them see what they're missing out on. You---"

"Oh my god, that's it!", Taehyung jumps up from the couch, startling them both. He has a big grin on his face and he looks a little crazy with his hands balled into fists, hair disheveled. Jimin and Sejin scoot backwards in fear, you know, like the dramatic pair of granddad and grandson they are.

"We have to make them see what they're missing out on!", Taehyung exclaims. "Okay...", Jimin trails off, confused as to where he's going with that. "Jimin! We have to make your appa do things that will make my dad realize what he's giving up on", Taehyung says like it's the simplest thing ever.

Jimin rolls his eyes. "Huh? You want my dad to do a strip tease or what?", he asks. Sejin chokes on air and lightly hits his thigh. "God, teenagers", he grumbles. Taehyung rolls his own eyes in return.

"What I'm saying is, let's plan something to make them meet each other. Alone", he explains. Jimin hums. That sounds good bit it's not easy. "And how do we do that? Appa said he did put some sense into my Appa's head but I'm not sure he'd be willing to go through with our plan if we ask him", he sighs.

Taehyung smiles. "That's the thing, Min! We're not going to tell either of them what we've planned. We just need to do something that'll make them be together in a single place. All alone", he says, mischief glinting in his eyes.

Sejin looks uncertain. "I don't think that's a good idea, boys. How will you even do that? It's not like you can fake a trip or something and then ditch them in the middle of nowhere so they have no choice but to stay with each other", he says, hinting on something that the younger ones totally catch.

"You're getting smarter, I see. That's what happens when you spend more time with me. Keep doing that, Appa", Taehyung says, puffing out his chest proudly. Sejin shakes his head in disbelief.

"Okay but how are we gonna do that, again? Mind you, Appa knows about what we're doing", Jimin butts in, always the reasonable one. Taehyung makes a face. "Do you not plan on doing anything, Min? You're not helping at all!", he accuses.

Jimin gasps loudly, offended. "What? I'm literally trying to make you see shit reasonably. You'd be nowhere without me", he says, shaking his head. How dare Taehyung tell him he isn't doing anything?

Taehyung is about to rebut when Sejin starts speaking. "Boys, stop fighting each other. You're in this together", he reminds them. Both of them pout but comply anyway. Sejin isn't wrong after all.

"Alright, then. I think I might have an idea", Jimin says loudly, grabbing Taehyung's attention while Sejin gets up to leave. Surely, he wasn't lying when he said he wasn't going to help them go through with this.

"Go ahead, Min. Show me you can actually have good ideas as well", Taehyung teases, laughing when Jimin huffs and turns away from him, arms crossed over his chest and an adorable pout resting on his plump lips. It reminds Taehyung of Namjoon when he's being extra childish.

"Okay, okay, sorry. I won't say anything. Tell me what you've thought of", Taehyung amends. Jimin narrows his eyes suspiciously at him but then sighs, deciding there's no use getting mad now. They have a mission to complete.

"So what we're gonna do is...."