11. Let me know

"Dad, can I ask you something?", Taehyung asks once Jimin is gone. Namjoon nods tiredly, wanting to do anything but talk. But he's weak for his kid and big, curious eyes, always so full of wonder.

"Why did you and dad get divorced?", he asks. Namjoon's eyes snap open. "What?", he asks, louder than he intended to which makes Taehyung cower back a little. Namjoon realizes he's mistake and gently rubs Taehyung's knee.

"I don't think you'd want to know that", he mumbles. Taehyung frowns. "I do. I'm sixteen. I think I deserve to know the truth now", he argues. Namjoon searches his eyes for even a hint of fear and sighs when he simply finds determination and stubbornness.

"Don't say I didn't warn you, though", Namjoon says, serious. Taehyung nods. He's not going to back down. Namjoon sighs, giving up his defences. It's about time Taehyung knows the truth.

"Well, let's start from the start. Me and your dad were typical highschool sweethearts. He was my junior and had a huge crush on me. But when he finally confessed to me, I rejected him", he smiles a little at memory.

Taehyung frowns. Jungkook Appa is a beautiful man. He doesn't know why his dad would even think about turning him down.
_______________________________________

"Kim Namjoon, I like you. I like you a lot. Will you go on a date with me?", Jungkook questions, a small smile on his face as he startes expectantly at Namjoon, one knee on the ground.

Namjoon flushes, feeling everyone's eyes on him. His eyes flicker to the rose in Jungkook's hand and then back at his beautiful face.

He feels Jackson's low hooting beside him and the others whispering good and bad things alike. Some wanted Namjoon to accept the younger boy's rose because "Oh my god, they are both handsome and popular. They'll look so good together!"

And some wanted him to reject it because "Nah, the nerd and the jock? Worst combination ever. What fanfiction is this? They won't last a day".

And Namjoon isn't one to listen to people's comment yet he had already made a decision. "I'm sorry. I don't date younger boys", he says and turns around, not noticing the determined look that washes over Jungkook's soft features.
_______________________________________

"Really?!", Jimin exclaims, shocked. Jungkook nods with a chuckle. "Did people make fun of you?", Jimin asks. Jungkook nods his head with a sigh and a smile. "They did. They made fun of both of us", he says.

Jimin frowns, feeling anger course through his veins. "Why?", he questions. Jungkook shrugs. "Well, because people didn't think The Jeon Jungkook could get rejected", he says, always so dramatic.

Jimin giggles at that. "What did they say about dad?", he questions next. Jungkook hums. "Well, apparently people thought he put up a front of being a good person and thought so highly of himself which was why he had the audacity to turn me down".

"Oh, people were rude back then", Jimin says, pouting. Jungkook laughs, ruffling his hair. "People are always rude, Mimi. You just need to ignore them", he says. Jimin nods.

"Okay, so he rejected you the first time. How did you get together then?" Jungkook can't help but giggle remembering the easy way Namjoon had fallen for him.
_______________________________________

"Hey, what are you doing here?!", Namjoon hisses, covering his chest. Jungkook panics, turning around to get out of the locker room, only to hit his head on the door. He groans, tumbling and falling directly on his ass.

Namjoon, despite his very naked upper body, walks to him and crouches down next to him, hands still on his chest. "Are you okay?", he asks, gasping when he sees the blood flowing down from Jungkook's head.