2. Secret

"Mimi, what was that?", Jungkook says disapprovingly as he chops vegetables on the kitchen counter. Jimin whines, sprawled out on the couch, not changed out of his clothes yet.

"He spilt coffee on Hobi", he defends. Jungkook sends him a menacing glare from the counter. "He apologized, didn't he? You were very mean to him. Is that how I taught you to behave with others?", he asks, a sad lilt to his tone.

Jimin groans, standing up and making his way into the kitchen. "Okay, now don't be sad. I'm sorry", he says quietly. Jungkook just huffs, looking very disappointed. Jimin pouts and wraps his arms around Jungkook's waist, startling him.

"Don't do that", Jungkook hisses, realizing he almost cut off his fingers due to the shock. "Sorry", Jimin repeats, a little quieter this time. Jungkook sighs and turns around in his now loose hold.

"Look up", he orders. Jimin does, watery eyes staring at his father with something akin to shame. "Do you regret acting like that?", Jungkook asks. Jimin nods. "Will you apologize to him?". A sniffle and then another nod.

Jungkook smiles, nuzzling his nose with Jimin's. "Then its settled. I forgive you", he says easily. The smile that takes over Jimin's face is so bright, Jungkook has to close his eyes to keep them from turning glossy.

"I love you", Jimin says and falls limply against Jungkook's chest. Jungkook hugs back tightly and ruffles Jimin's hair. He's sixteen yet he only reaches Jungkook's collarbone.

"I love you, too, baby", he whispers. "I need to prepare dinner, though", he says after a second. Jimin whines like a kicked puppy but reluctantly lets him go. "What do you wanna eat?", Jungkook asks as he turns back around to go back to his cooking.

"Vegetable stew?", Jimin wonders. Jungkook grins and nods. Instead of going back to change into comfortable clothes, Jimin settles on the counter, swinging his legs like a toddler.

Jungkook gives him a judging look with a fond smile on his face but doesn't question him or ask him to get up. "Appa, can we play a game?", Jimin asks after ten minutes. Jungkook sighs. He knew this was coming.

"Okay, go on", he replies. Damn Jeon Jungkook for being a weak man for his son. "I'll suggest a word and then you have to tell me the first word that comes to your mind hearing it. Sound good?", Jimin says excitedly.

Jungkook nods absentmindedly, paying more attention to the pot full of stew. "Cloud", Jimin starts. Jungkook furrows his brows and starts stirring the vegetables. Jimin whines in distress.

"Appa! You're taking too long!", he scolds. "Honey, I'm mixing this. It'll burn if I don't pay attention", Jungkook says calmly. Jimin shakes his head furiously. "You can do that while answering", he insists.

Jungkook sighs. "How are you sixteen?", he questions before finally nodding. "Okay, let's start again. Sunshine", Jimin says. "Hoseokie", Jungkook answers easily. Jimin smiles, big and beautiful. "Chocolate", he adds.

"Cake?", jungkook says uncertainly. "Flowers", Jimin goes on. "Boquet!", Jungkook exclaims. "Crazy", Jimin says. "You!", jungkook says fondly and pinches Jimin's nose, making him giggle.

"Rainbow?", Jimin questions. "Colors?", Jungkook questions back. Jimin laughs. "Okay, sweet", he questions. "Raspberries", Jungkook answers with a silly laugh.

"Love?"

"Namjoon".

Jungkook freezes, ladle stopping in the pot. His eyes widen a little, panic filling his guts, making him nauseous.

"Appa?", Jimin's voice makes him snap out of his thoughts. "Oh my god", Jungkook whispers to himself, willing himself to keep his tears in. Jimin jumps down from the counter and gingerly touches his shoulder.