PROLOGUE: BLUSH

"What the fuck!", Hoseok screeches as a scalding cup of coffee lands directly next to his feet, some burning drops splashing onto him. His eyes fill with tears as he suddenly feels the burn.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry---", the stranger starts but gets cut off by someone. "Stay away from Hobi!", the boy scolds. "Jimin", hoseok whimpers, holding onto his hand tightly. "I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to", the stranger says, looking very apologetic, and a little scared.

"How dare you do that to my best friend, you idiot", Jimin seethes, almost jumping the stranger right in front of the whole cafeteria. Now, its the stranger's turn to get angry.

"First of all, my name is Kim Taehyung, not idiot. Secondly, I spilled my coffee on your friend. Why are you giving me attitude?", he scowls. Jimin sees red. "You---", he gets interrupted by a new voice.

"Jimin".

Shivers run down his spine as he turns back around, a sheepish smile on his face. "Appa", he says softly. Everyone in the cafeteria stares in awe. Jimin's dad has a damn good face. A very handsome one, just like Jimin.

But that's not what surprises them. Their surprise comes because of how well maintained Jimin's dad's body is. He could easily pass as a college student with that frame and those looks. The only dad-like thing about him is the way he's looking at Jimin right now. He looks very authoritative.

"What's going on here?", Jimin's dad asks. That makes Jimin remember why he's there in the first place. He quickly points at Taehyung. "This boy spilled coffee on Hobi!", he complains.

Jimin's dad's eyes widen. He quickly crouches in front of Hoseok, examining his leg. "There aren't any burns, honey. You're fine", he smiles when he sees Hoseok's tear stained face.

Before he has the chance to say anything else, Taehyung speaks up. "I didn't do it intentionally. I swear. I was just going my way and accidentally tripped. I'm so sorry", he apologizes, looking at the buff man in front of him makes him a little afraid.

The man just laughs softly, surprising not only Taehyung but also Jimin. "It's okay. I know you didn't do it purposely", he assures. Jimin huffs. But Appa---", "Jimin", the man interrupts, his tone leaves no space for arguments.

"I'm Jeon Jungkook, Jimin's dad. I hope you two get along. He's a very friendly boy---", just as Jungkook says that, Jimin rolls his eyes and makes his way to what must be Jungkook's car, Taehyung assumes.

"-most of the time", Jungkook says with an awkward chuckle. Before Taehyung can say something, Jungkook is rushing back to Jimin. He says something to him before going to the driver's seat and driving off.

Taehyung huffs. Jimin's dad seems like a nice person. He wonders where Jimin gets his bitchiness from. Probably his mom. He shrugs and turns around, noticing Yoongi.
He waves happily before picking up the empty plastic cup from the ground, discarding it in the dustbin.

"You okay?", Yoongi asks as he scoots a little to make space for Taehyung on the small bench. Taehyung sighs and brings his head down to rest on yoongi's shoulder. His best friend is a reserved boy but he's special in his own way. He makes Taehyung's stomach feel funny.

"Yeah. A new boy was causing trouble", he answers. Yoongi furrows his brows, munching on his cheese sandwich. "Why?", he asks. Taehyung sighs again. "I accidentally spilled coffee on his friend. He was being very rude about it", he says.

Yoongi hums and brings his sandwich near Taehyung's mouth. Taehyung grins and nibbles a piece, feeling slightly better.

"Did you text your Dad?", Yoongi asks suddenly. "Oh shit!", Taehyung curses, immediately jolting up from Yoongi's shoulder and whipping out his phone, opening his most recent chat.

"Sometimes I wonder if you're really texting your dad or a secret lover of yours", Yoongi comments

"Sometimes I wonder if you're really texting your dad or a secret lover of yours", Yoongi comments. Taehyung looks up with a frown. "Why do you say?", he asks.

Yoongi shrugs, casually popping in the last of his sandwich. "You always have this big smile on your face whenever you're talking to him. I haven't seen anyone who likes their dad that much", he teases.

Taehyung laughs, cheeks going red. "Wait till you see his contact name on my phone", he says smugly. Yoongi raises an eyebrow. "You think I haven't already?", he asks.

Taehyung sputters. "You have?!", he whisper yells. "Love of my life? Seriously, Tae?", Yoongi says, sounding unimpressed. Taehyung knows he's amused, though.

"That's because I love him!", Taehyung whines. "He never fails to make me happy. I probably can't love anyone as much as I love him", he says fondly. That coaxes out a smile from yoongi. "Cute", he says. If Taehyung wasn't red before, he's definitely red now.

"I don't think your future partner will like that very much, though", Yoongi says as they walk to his bike. Taehyung has teased him numerous times about still riding a bike but Yoongi knows he secretly loves sitting on the back seat of it.

"Do you?", Taehyung suddenly asks. Yoongi looks back at him. "Hmm?", he questions, wanting Taehyung to clarify. "Do you mind the fact that I love my dad more than anyone and anything?", Taehyung, keeping his tone completely casual. Though there's a deeper meaning hidden in his words.

Yoongi makes a face. "No. What's there to mind? He's your dad, the ultimate love of your life. He makes you happy. That's all you need. Why would I mind things that make you happy?", he shrugs.

Taehyung grins, big and bright. "Then that's all that matters", he says happily, seating himself on the back of yoongi's bike, holding onto his jacket. He hums happily, pulling his face mask up to hide his obvious blush.

Yoongi, on the other hand, doesn't hide the visible pink that colors his pale cheeks as he paddles them out of the school campus and towards his home.