12. Why we ended

Warning: Graphic depictions of violence, Suicidal thoughts, Anger issues.
_______________________________________

"Are you asking me to give up?", Jungkook asks in disbelief. A guilty look looms over Namjoon's face as he mutters a quiet, "Yes". Jungkook scoffs. "I can't believe this", he says. "How could you say that to me, Namjoon?", he asks, soft yet desperate.

Namjoon takes a deep breath. "It's not working, Jungkook. I-I think you should pursue a career in fashion, instead. Just like you wanted to do", he says, feeling like a complete asshole for discouraging his husband.

"That was before. My priority is music now. You know that", Jungkook whispers out the last part, feeling all the energy drain out of his body. He can't believe what he's hearing.

Namjoon sighs. "I know that but it's clearly not working. We are running out of money, Jungkook", he repeats his words from before.

Jungkook shakes his head, grabbing a bottle of wine from the dining room table and taking a big swig of it. Namjoon bites his lip. He wants to stop Jungkook from drinking but it's as if he has been frozen in his spot.

"Money isn't everything", Jungkook says quietly. That's where Namjoon's patience breaks. "Money isn't everything, yes. But you can't feed your children with your love for music, Jungkook. You can't expect them to love you when all you do is stay out of the house and not come back for days on end. We need money to have stability. Why can't you see that?", he asks, frustrated.

Jungkook glares at Namjoon, tightening his grip around the wine bottle, jaw clenching with rage. "All you care about is money. What about me, huh? Did I ever ask you to give up on your fucking passion?", he asks.

Namjoon gives him a fierce look. "My passion is bringing food on the table, Jungkook. Don't forget that. I wouldn't have said anything about wanting you to give up if it wasn't for our kids. We're struggling", he cries, tears rolling down his cheeks.

Jungkook huffs angrily. "I don't understand", he mutters. Namjoon wipes the tears off of his face with his rough hands. "What do you not understand? That we're going broke? That I'm struggling to manage all the expenses by myself? That I feel like fucking killing myself everyday?"

Jungkook remains silent, enraging his husband further. "You're being so pathetic, Jungkook. I love you but you have to understand that you being like this is burdening me. And for what? Because of your stupid music?"

And that's where Jungkook's mind short circuits. He throws the bottle towards Namjoon with all the strength he can muster, too drunk to think about the consequences of his actions.
_______________________________________

Namjoon shudders at the memory and Taehyung quickly wraps his arms around his Dad. "I'm sorry for asking", he says, sniffling. He didn't know Jungkook was so violent. He looks like the sweetest person ever.

Namjoon wipes Taehyung's tears for him, pulling him closer to himself. "Don't worry about that", he assures, patting Taehyung's back to comfort him.

"Is that---", Taehyung pauses to sniffle, "Is that why you left him? Because he was violent?", he asks cautiously. Namjoon shakes his head. "No, he had anger issues. I knew that already. I knew how to deal with them".

"Then why?", Taehyung asks.

Namjoon inhales sharply.

"He cheated on me".
_______________________________________

"Kookie, baby, I'm sorry for yesterday. I shouldn't have gotten that mad at you. I made your favorite lunch today---", Namjoon says as he starts opening the door of Jungkook's rented studio, only to freeze in his track when he hears low whispers.