Cool Party Trick

Percy’s POV

Bucky pulled me back down the stairs to the kitchen. Once there I shook him off and grabbed my poptart from earlier.  I glared at Thor as I took a bite.  

Peter looked at the pastry and asked, “Isn't the box with those kind of poptarts marked ‘Thor’s only’ in big, bold letters?”  

I nodded. “And?”

Peter was about to say something else, probably to reprimand me, when Natasha interrupted, “So, what kind of powers do you have?”  

I sighed and said, “I can talk to horses and Pegasi.” They all looked like they were waiting for me to continue. I didn't.  

Tony finally broke the silence, “And…?” 

I looked at him and said, “And fish, but they can be annoying.”  I didn’t say anything else.  

This time it was Clint who asked, “Is that it?”  

I sighed. “Water control.”

“Water control?” Peter asked.  

I nodded and pointed at the glass of water that was beside him.  In a moment, the glass was empty and a little pegasus made of water was flying around Peter. I made it land on his head and explode, soaking his hair and part of his shirt.  

“That was cool,” he said, “But now I’m all wet.”  I leaned over and tapped his shoulder, drying him. “Cool,” was his reply. 

“That is a cool party trick, but how is it useful in a battle?” Natasha said. 

I sighed again and said, “I can create a hurricane, the water can energize me. It can also heal me a little, not much but still.” She nodded and asked if there was anything else. “I can create earthquakes. I’ve only done that once or twice before. Like if I’m really mad or something.  Remember the Mt. St. Helens Eruption?” Some of them nodded. “Well, your file was right, I did explode it, I just didn't mean to.”  

It looked like Clint was going to ask what I meant when Natasha asked, “Is there anything else?”  

I nodded and said, “I don't like to talk about it.” 

Natasha pushed again, “We’re going to be living together, it would be nice to know what you can do.”  I shook my head. I won’t do it.  I made a promise.   

Tony said, “What is it, kid? Now you have all of us curious.”  

I frowned. “Don't be curious.”  

Thor spoke for the first time since I entered the room, “What is this power?”  Thor speaking pushed me over the edge.  

“Fine if you just have to know!” I exclaimed while I glared at Thor, “Blood bending and Poison control!  There, I said it, are you happy now?” 

I threw the now half-eaten poptart down on the counter.  I didn’t turn around. I didn't want to see the horrified looks that I knew would be on their faces. I climbed the stairs back up to my room and tried to catch my breath.  It was too late.  I fell into a flashback.  

Tony's POV

The kid tossed the half-eaten poptart on the counter and stormed out of the room.  

I looked around at the others, “Well, I think we made him mad.”  

Natasha looked curious.  Why would the kid be upset about being able to control poison and blood? Everyone else seemed to be equally confused, except for Thor and Loki. Thor looked horrified. Loki looked a little sad.