Never Be Ashamed of Your Scars

Bucky’s POV

          Hazel shook her head, “No, a tattoo wouldn’t work.  Something about it being attached to your skin messes it up.”  

          Percy sighed, “I have no idea then.”  

          I decided to comment, “Why not a pair of sunglasses?”  

          Percy looked confused but Frank nodded. “That's a good idea, it could always return on the neckline of your shirt.”  

          Percy nodded and said, “What if I’m not wearing a shirt?”   

          Hazel looked at him. “When do you ever not wear a shirt?” 

          Percy answered, “You never know, it could happen.” 

          Hazel compromised, “How about this, If you don't have a shirt on, they will appear on your head.”  

          Percy nodded. “That sounds good, but how will I get the sword out of the glasses?”  

          “You could break the glasses in half.  That’d be cool,” I offered.   

          Hazel seemed to think that it was a great idea. “That's what I’m going to do.  That’ll be much easier to enchant than something like twisting a ring or uncapping a pen.”  

          Percy nodded and Hazel started chanting. The sword was shimmering.  A moment later, Hazel held up a pair of silver-rimmed ray bans. The only difference was that instead of the ray bans signature it had a small wave and symbols that I assumed were greek.  Percy looked happy.  Frank said to give it a try.

          Percy twisted the eyes in opposite directions.  The glasses broke across the nose piece.  Instead of holding the two broken halves of the sunglasses, Percy was holding a sword.  Poor Steve was standing in the corner, looking extremely confused.  I would have to explain it to him later. Percy swung the blade.  

          “See if it comes back,” instructed Hazel.  

          Percy nodded and ran over to the other side of the room and set the blade down before running back to us.  We waited a solid thirty seconds, and then the sunglasses were folded over his shirt. He smiled and thanked Hazel.  

          Hazel and Frank announced that they had to leave, the legion had only allowed them so much time off.  Percy asked me to open the window for them to leave.  What’s up with these kids and jumping out of windows?

          Percy must have caught the look on my face and said, “Don't worry, they’re not going to jump, they wouldn't survive.” The boy started to wriggle his wide shoulders through the window.  

          I looked at Percy, “It sure looks like he’s about to jump.” 

          Hazel then informed me that Frank could shapeshift.  He was going to turn into something that could fly, and she would ride on him.  He asked her what he should become.  She just shrugged and told him to surprise her.  Frank looked like he was thinking.  

          Percy called out, “Be a pterodactyl!” 

          Frank nodded and there was a dinosaur hovering outside the window.  Hazel jumped out of the window and waved goodbye as they flew away.  

          I don't think that anything can surprise me anymore.  

          Percy's POV