My Weekly Dose of Good News.

Bucky’s POV

          It had been two weeks since we visited Annabeth. Percy had been flying high since then. He's slowly, but surely gaining weight, and those deep, purple-colored bags under his eyes have nearly disappeared.

          A heavy feeling of cold dread settled across my shoulders. I would have to tell Percy soon. I looked over at him, he was wrestling with Tarkus on the plush rug in front of the couch.  The puppy captured the knotted sock, while Percy laughed. It was amazing to see him so happy. Will this terrible news steal his joy?

          I sighed and rubbed my temples. Percy seemed to notice my discomfort.  

          He looked at me, concerned. “Hey, what's wrong Bucky?”  

          I felt panic bloom in my chest. “Hmm? Oh, nothing...just thinking.”  

          Luckily for me, Percy just shrugged and went back to playing with his dog.  

TIME SKIP 

          We just finished eating. Percy ate as much as he could before pushing his plate away. He’d already come a long way.  I watched as he plopped down on the couch and started to joke around with Peter, a sincere smile on his face.  

          I steeled my resolve, I would give Percy the bad news today. I hated to ruin his happiness like this, but the longer I put it off, the worse it will be.  

          At about nine, Percy left the couch and started to go to his room, Tarkus close on his heels. I minted the stairway after him, my feet pounding a steady rhythm. Percy heard my steps, he briefly looked at me, flashing a bright smile. I grinned slightly and sped up.  Percy and I raced each other up the stairs.  

          When we arrived at his room, he was panting lightly. “So, what’s up?”  

          I felt the smile fall off my face. How was I going to do this?  

          I looked at him warily. “I need to talk to you.” Percy's grin fell off his face as quickly as mine had, sensing the gravity of the situation.  

          He plastered a fake grin across his face. “Oh, so is it time for my weekly dose of good news?”  

          When my expression did not change, he sighed and twisted the doorknob. “Might as well get this over with.”  

          He walked into the room and leaned against the wall, attempting to mask his nervousness.

          “I have some bad news,” I warned him.  

          He chucked a little and put the fake smile back up. “I got that.  Bad like ‘Gaea rising again’ or bad like ‘Tony ate the last cookie?’”   

          I looked at my hands, despite his banter, it was clear how worried he was.  I felt terrible about what this would do to him.

          I sighed deeply and started speaking in a soft tone. His expression slowly turned to stone as I spoke, “You cant see Annabeth anymore.”  I felt a bit relieved to finally have it off my chest.  

          My relief was short-lived when I heard Percy's worried chuckle, “Haha, that's not very funny Bucky.”  

          I sighed and explained. He soon believed me. By the time I finished explaining, he was staring at the wall with a blank expression.  His eyes betrayed his otherwise calm facade.  They were dark storms. A single tear slipped out.