Needle-Guy and Handcuff-Lady

Dedicated to RavenWriter01

Bruce’s POV

I looked at the boy who showed no signs he heard me.  I continued speaking anyway, “First, I'm going to listen to your lungs.  I need you to remove your shirt.”

The boy's knee that had been bouncing ever since he put the pen away froze.  He looked straight into my eyes for the first time science arriving. 

“No.” 

I looked back at him, “Yes.”  He shook his head and stood up.   The pen was in his hand once more.  “If you don't remove it on your own, I will call someone in to do it forcibly. 

He took a step back and shook his head once more.  His pen was now held out in front of him.  I can see what the others meant about it being his makeshift weapon. 

Wanda looked at me questioningly.  I shook my head.  We would use her power only as a last resort.  I called Steve and Bucky in to restrain him. 

A moment later they walked into the room and converged on Percy.  He looked like a crazed animal.  He was panting and backing up. 

Within a couple of seconds, his back hit the wall.  Steve and Bucky were nearly at his side.  The boy began to hyperventilate.  His eyes rolled around in his head and he slumped against the wall. Bucky grabbed his left arm, and Steve grabbed his right. 

    He immediately stiffened.  You could tell by the glazed look in his eyes that he was not seeing what the rest of us were.  The pair began to drag him back to the table.  Percy twisted sharply to his right and kneed Steve in the stomach. 

With his right hand free, he threw a panicked punch in Bucky’s direction.  It never connected.  Bucky dodged at the last second.  Percy had already started on his next attack when he slumped suddenly over.

Wanda stood in the corner of the room, eyes and hands glowing red.  She slumped over in time with Percy.  That had never happened before. 

She twitched and cried out.  I ordered Steve to take her to the infirmary.  He left the room and Bucky stayed with me, to restrain the boy again if need be.  I continued the medical exam.  I grabbed the scissors and cut the shirt off his thin frame.

The first thing I noticed was the scars.  Every inch of the chest we could see was covered in them.  Some looked new, others looked to have happened as long as ten years go. 

I had Bucky roll him over, his back was in much the same condition if nor worse.   Burns, whips, knives, a great deal of pain was written across his body.  I called the rest of the team in to see the scars on the young man's body.

They walked in and formed a semi-circle around the passed-out teen.  Sam, Clint, and Tony all ran to the trash can and lost their lunches. Luckily, Tony had made Peter stay out of the room. He probably would have been left with nightmares by such a gruesome sight.

Steve broke the silence by  commenting, “It looks like the scars go further.” 

It was true, I could see many spots where a scar disappeared underneath his pant-line.  I signaled for Bucky and Steve to remove his jeans, and sent Sam, Clint, and Tony out to find a new shirt for the boy.  Only Nat, Steve, Bucky, and I remained. 

The scars continued far past his pant line.  I wondered what could have happened to leave his body in this condition. 

Natasha chimed in from her silent corner, “Nothing short of torture could have left him that way.” I nodded silently.  I could hear the other three returning with a shirt.