It's Name Is Undertow!

Cap’s POV

The next day, Bucky and I went into Percy’s room to bring him down to breakfast, as per the usual.  To our surprise, he wasn't inside his room working out in his room.  We headed down to the kitchen and found him eating a piece of toast. 

He saw us and called out a “Good morning!”

Bucky and I mumbled back a reply in surprise.  Natasha walked in just as he was throwing his half-eaten toast into the trash.  He still isn't eating much, but at least he was trying. 

Natasha looked at us and said, “We're having a group training session in half an hour.” She turned to Percy, “You’re welcome to join us if you want, you did say you had some fighting experience.” 

Percy nodded, agreeing to her offer, and followed Natasha to the armory.

Natasha’s POV

Percy agreed to join our training session. His acceptance puzzled me at first.  I guess he really cares about what his friends think.  I led him to the armory, two floors up.  I took the stairs with him.  I didn't really have much of a choice.  The armory is one of the restricted areas.  He couldn’t enter the floor without an Avenger present.  I also didn't feel like trying to force him to ride the elevator.

We reached the armory.  Percy followed me inside and I asked what he fought with.  He answered that he preferred to fight with a sword but could fight with just about anything, aside from a bow and arrows. I led him over to the sword rack.  He began to test the different blades. 

“What about your pen-sword?” I questioned. 

He grinned and pulled the pen out of his pocket.  It became a sword again.  He tapped me lightly on the wrist.  When it didn't draw blood, his grin grew evil and a mysterious glint shone in his eyes.  I took a quick step back just as Percy thrust the blade in my gut.  He fell on the ground laughing as I inspected my stomach. 

He stood up and said, “That,” he gestured at my perfectly unharmed abdomen, “That is why I won't use riptide.  It doesn't work on mortals.” 

I looked at the blade once more before nodding. Percy continued swinging different swords until he stopped at a 3.2 foot-long cavalry sword. 

He slashed up and stabbed the air before turning to me, “This one should work.” 

I nodded and walked over to the armor.  Him testing out the swords definitely proved that he knows what he's doing. 

I stared at the assortment of protective gear, “What do you prefer to fight in?”

He looked thoughtful before asking, “What exactly will we be doing?” 

I answered, “We are going to be holding a tournament-style competition.  We called in all of the Avengers, even the ones that aren’t around often.”

He nodded in understanding before whipping his head around to me, “Natasha?” he asked, “Does that mean Thor’s going to be there?” The kid said the words as if they were filled with poison. 

I nodded and replied, “Yes, he’s going to be there, you know you're going to get along with him eventually.” 

Percy shook his head harshly, “No, I don’t.”  I was going to say something until Percy spoke up again, a strange light in his eyes, “Actually, can you set me up to fight him?”

I shook my head and explained that choosing the spots was all randomized, for fairness. He nodded sadly in understanding, brightening up a little when I told him that I would try to at least get them on the same side. Percy dug through the armor a little before stopping on a lightweight breastplate and arm protectors.