We get along just fine!

Thor’s POV

          I was sitting in my room, oiling Mjölnir’s strap. I passed the rag over the supple leather, thinking of the young Greek hero. A surge of rage rushed through me. The Greeks have never cared for their children properly. They expect them to fight their battles and then throw them away, all the while their offspring must fight for every moment of life.  

          I threw the rag across the room in anger, it was saddening to see how they had left the young warrior. He was broken, and he seemed to hate all the gods, with good reason.

          I was glad that the team was helping him. Steve was keeping me updated on how he was doing. I did my best to placate him, staying out of wherever he is, not commenting on him eating all of my poptarts.  

          I went and picked up the rag and ran my hand through my short hair. I wish he would just give me a chance. I am nothing like those greeks. I was hoping that seeing me bleed red would help, but no luck.  Steve told me that Bucky and he were getting along well, I was glad for the young demigod. I was still cleaning my hammer and thinking about Perseus when I heard a knock on the door.

          I stood up and walked to the door. I must not have been moving quickly enough for the person on the other side, because the sound of furious knocking filled the room.

          I opened the door and saw the last person I would’ve expected to show up at my door: Perseus.  Standing beside him was Bucky.  He had his metal hand on Perseus’s shoulder, holding him in place.  The boy pulled out Riptide as soon as I opened the door. I had a feeling this wasn't going to go so well.  Bucky noticed the pen and plucked it out of his fingers.  

          The boy glared at him, but spoke, “Thor.” He said my name with such hatred that I nearly flinched, it filled me with sadness.  Before he could continue, Bucky nudged him with his elbow, earning himself another glare.

          Perseus took a deep breath before starting again.  His words were still laced with venom, but less so than before.  He sighed and stared at the ground while speaking to me, “Thor, I’msorryforthewayI’veactedbutnotreally.” I was trying to decipher what he said. Bucky elbowed him again. 

          He repeated more slowly, “Thor, I’m sorry for the way I’ve acted.” He turned to his partner. “Happy now?”  

          Bucky nodded and the boy started to turn around.  But Bucky held his shoulder firmly, keeping him in place. 

          He turned to me and asked, “Can we come in?”  

          I stepped out of the doorway and nodded warily, noting that Bucky still had a firm grip on the pen. They stepped through the doorway, Perseus still in Bucky’s grip. He glared at me as he walked by, earning yet another elbowing. Bucky sat the two of them down on the couch, I pulled a chair up across from them, waiting to hear the purpose of the visit.

          Bucky stared at Perseus, waiting for him to speak.  The boy avoided his gaze, staring at his shoes instead.  

          Bucky sighed. “So, we came because you.”  He waved at me. “And him.”  He waved at the boy. “Are going to work out your issues.”  

          Perseus shot up quickly, breaking Bucky’s grip. “Well, now that that's done, let's go somewhere else.”  

          Before he could go anywhere, Bucky caught his arm and pulled him back down, much to the son of Poseidon’s displeasure.