following instruction

Bucky’s POV

          I headed back to my room with a handful of razors. Who knew there were so many in a bathroom? I patted Tarkus as I entered.  He seemed a bit put off by the smell of blood. I can't blame him though. I collapsed onto my bed as I thought about the state of Percy’s knuckles. 

          He’d demolished them. I wrapped them because I knew he would refuse to see Bruce. I picked up a piece of paper on my nightstand. It read, ‘For emergencies only’ in bad handwriting across the top.  

          Hazel had left it with me, so I could contact her if needed. I was worried about Percy having two swords on him while he was in this state of mind. I had a feeling he wasn't giving me the whole story on the swords. This counts as an emergency, I think.

          I opened the paper and followed the instructions. An image flickered to life in the rainbow I’d created. Due to the time difference, it was still sunny where she was.  

          She noticed me almost immediately. “Bucky!”  Her expression turned concerned. “What’s wrong?  Is Percy ok?”  

          I sighed and explained the situation.  

          She sighed sadly. “Poor Percy, the Fates really do hate him. He really never can get a break, can he?” She sighed and asked me. “So, what can I do to help?” 

          “Well,” I started, “I’m worried that Percy’s going to hurt himself.” Her eyes were sad, but she nodded in understanding. I continued. “I went into his room and found a razor with blood on it.”  

          Her eyes widened and I quickly said, “He hadn’t done much, just a small scratch.” She nodded once more. “So, I gathered up all the razors, but as he pointed out, he still has two swords.”  

          Hazel finally caught what I was saying. I finished my little speech. “So is there any way I can temporarily keep his weapons? I doubt he will give consent, but there must be some way…”  

          Hazel nodded quickly. “I see what you're getting at.” She looked thoughtful, “For Romans, any soldier higher ranking than yourself can confiscate your weapons. It’s mostly used as a disciplinary measure, but it has been used in suicidal situations.”  She looked off-screen before turning back to me, “The only problem is: Percy’s not Roman. You also wouldn't outrank him. No offense, but he did lead two wars.”  

          I nodded in understanding.

          Hazel’s face lit up. “Wait! I just remembered Apollo campers have been alternating between camps to gather critical information, and record histories.” I was a bit confused. She must've noticed because she explained, “I can go ask the Greek group how to do it.  Wait one sec.”  

          With that, she disappeared from view.

          A moment later, a boy appeared on screen.  He introduced himself as Austin Lakes.  He had a saxophone in his hand. “So, Hazel was telling me you have some questions?”  

          I nodded and Hazel mouthed, ‘Don't mention Percy.’  

          I nodded discreetly and asked, “So, how exactly do the Greeks confiscate weapons temporarily, particularly the magical kind.”  

          Austin looked thoughtful. “So… Are you like a Roman historian or something?” 

          I nodded and he continued. “Well, it doesn't have to be done too often, mostly in cases where the holder of the weapon is incapable of handling it.” I nodded as he continued. “Mostly like, suicidal or insane, stuff like that.”