1. Tall glass of salt water

[Authors note: this is the first story I've tried writing so I'm not sure how it'll turn out, please leave any notes or criticism about it in the comments, thank you for reading! ❤️]

Today was your first day at karasuno high school. You walked down the school halls, listening to the people around you.
they were rather annoying... talking, laughing, and yelling.
'So loud...' was all you could manage to think, noises clouding your mind.
A short boy with bright orange hair ran into you from behind, Almost knocking you over as he fell to the ground.
"Woah, watch where you're going dude."

"s-sorry! didn't mean to do that!" He exclaimed, quite a bit more loudly than intended.
You looked at him with an icy glare. not exactly purposefully... but you had always been a bit more cold than intended.
"sorry again... g-gotta go, sorry!" he sputtered, a panicked tone filling his voice.
'Why did he look so scared of me? I was only worried that he'd hurt himself'

You'd only ever really had one friend, one  who you've known since you were kids. that would be the one and only Nishinoya Yuu.
As you walked into class, Noya saw you and jumped around out of excitement.
You let out a soft laugh as he tackled you in a bear hug.
"Woahh big hug for such a small guy."

"Not that small, You're just tall!" Noya yelled, making you both laugh.

"anyways, I saw that guy run into you earlier and run away... at least try to look friendlier y/n!" noyas tone was a bit more serious now... it wasn't that you'd never made an effort to be nicer. It just wasn't your forté...
"oh come on, I don't look that mean. it's just resting bitch face, I can't control it!" You defended.

"I'm just saying this is why I'm your only friend~" he said with a smirk through a sing-song voice.
"well you're all I need shrimpy!"
You ruffled the boys hair, happy to finally be with someone you could talk to.

[time skip//after school]

You ran down the halls of your new school to the volleyball court. Exited to watch Noya play for the first time in a while.
Noya was late, not much of a surprise...
So you sat down and waited for him to arrive. Taking notice of tall blonde boy with glasses talking to a boy around your height who had dark green hair and freckles.
For some reason the beanpole caught your eye...

'Cute... and taller than me, that's hard to find.'
Noya burst through the door, with much more drama than necessary.
"SORRY I'M LATE!"
You walked over to Noya, who was standing in the doorway still trying to catch his breath.

"took you long enough shrimpy, although I'm sure it takes you a while to run here with those tiny legs~" you teased.
You heard a muffled laugh, looking behind you to see the tall blonde boy covering his mouth and chuckling at your comment.
"not funny y/n!!" Noya yelled, looking annoyed.
"hmm... I don't know. seems like beanpole over there found it pretty funny."
Your gaze shifted over to the blonde with eyes like melted gold, no longer laughing, the beanpole spoke.
"my name is tsukkishima dumbass, and you're not much shorter than me."

"No shit Sherlock, I didn't think your name was beanpole" you replied with a sugar-coated tone, a slightly annoyed smirk ever present on your face.
Tsukkishima only scoffed and walked away. 'He's fun to tease~'

"you really need to work on those social skills.." noya looked at you with clear unease, unfortunately his worry was more than justified. Making friends wasn't exactly in your skill set, it was easier to stick with one person and tease everyone else.
"I'll consider it." You chimed.

[time skip//after practice]

'Why can't I get that stupid beanpole out of my head...'
The image of tsukki blocking the ball replayed in your head again and again.
'Dumb beanpole... he is sorta cute though, in an annoying kinda way?'
You wanted to know more about him..."hey yuu, what do you know about the blondie?"

"not much... he doesn't talk to most of our teammates. In fact, he's a lot like you, he has one friend and makes fun of everyone else." Noya continued, ignoring the grimace you gave him.
"Other than that...he's super bitter, loves strawberry shortcake, oh and I've heard he's pretty smart." He replied.

'Smart? that gives me an idea...' 

You walked up to tsukki and tapped him on the shoulder. As he turned around, you felt almost entranced by his beautiful butterscotch eyes.

"noya says you're smart, tutor me." You said flatly, the words coming out as something closer to a demand than a question.
Tsukkishima rolled his pretty eyes. "and why would I do that?" He asked with a seemingly amused smirk.
"if you help me I'll bake you something, anything you want. and I'm a good baker!you have my word."
Tsukki thought about rejecting the offer.  but his mouth watered at the idea of a homemade strawberry shortcake.

"a-alright fine, what do you need help with?"
You didn't have any school troubles, so you weren't sure what to say. Blank minded, all you managed to do was sputter out out "uh... everything?"
Noya started laughing, knowing fully well that it was a bold faced lie. and you hit him on the head, gently of course.

"noya, let's go. Tsukkishima whats your number? I'll text you about details for our study date"
You felt your face heat along with the realization of what you'd just said.
'date?! Oh god why would I say date... hopefully he doesn't think anything of it.'

"my number is 123-456-7890, see you for our date~"
He winked at you and walked away.

You stood hot faced, questioning what had just happened. Although you were knocked out of your distracted state when noya grabbed your arm. walking home and pulling you along with him.
"stop fangirling and let's go." noya joked.
"I-I'm not fangirling shrimpy!"

[end of chapter 1]

[Authors note: Sooo I hope you liked the first chapter
Please let me know what you think and anything should add/change about it :)
I'm not sure if I'll continue the story, it kinda depends what feedback I get
Anyways I really hope you enjoyed!]