5. Someone like you

[authors note: now to pick up from the cliffhanger I left off on :)
Hope you like the update ❤️]

Tsukkishima stared at you for a moment before he started to talk.

"Y/n what happened? Are you ok?"

'He sounds so worried.'

"Kei... I don't want to talk to you right now..." you're voice had a cold and slightly broken tone.

Tsukki felt his heart shatter as he heard your words. You looked down at the floor trying to gain your composure to walk away... until you felt Tsukkishima pull you into a hug.

"Then don't talk. just stay with me..."

You hugged him back, both of you finding it hard to let the other go. you stayed like that for a moment.

"Do you want to sit down?" He asked.

You nodded. Still unsure what you could say to him. The two of you sat at a nearby park bench in silence for a few moments before you spoke.

"Kei..."

He quickly turned his gaze towards you. "yeah?"

You looked away, the golden eyes you'd come to adore now made you feel heartbroken.

"Do you..."

You stopped for a moment, unsure if you should bother asking. You swallowed the lump in your throat and took a deep breath.

"Do you have a girlfriend."

You looked back up at him.
He looked confused for a moment before his eyes widened.

'So she did see...'

"You saw the girl on the roof with me didn't you?"

"Please... Just answer the question"

"I don't, that girl was confessing and kissed me before I could reject her"

Your face lit up hearing this and you let out a sigh of relief.

"So that's why you didn't meet me... I was really worried you know."

"S-sorry. I saw you and... I didn't know what to do... I thought you were."

You paused, not sure what to say.
'Cheating? No... we're not dating... what's the right word?'

"A player?" tsukki asked

"Y-yeah"

'Its like he read my mind...'

"Well you should know I'm not, you're the only person I have any interest in."

You felt your face heat up and you looked away from him.
You felt a soft hand on your cheek

"Kei w-what are you doing?"

"There are tears on your face..."

"R-right"

He wiped the tears from your cheeks and pulled his hand away.

The two of you sat in a comfortable silence for a while, both relieved that it had been resolved.

"It's late, you should probably head home soon. mind if I walk you?" He asked.

"Not at all" you smiled.

'She's smiling again...'

"I'm glad to see that smile back. Seeing you sad made me worried, now get up shorty we should get you home"

"Not much shorter than you beanpole"
—————————————————————-
The two of you walked and chatted until you got you your house.

"I guess I'll see you tomorrow" he smiled at you but looked a little sad.
Not wanting it to end you replied.

"Kei... do you want to come inside? I still kind of owe you since I ditched you at lunch earlier."

The sadness immediately melted from his smile. His beautiful eyes that so perfectly captured the sunlight, even in the dark, lit up with happiness.

"I'd love to!"

Looking at his smile made you feel flustered, you could feel your face heating up.

'Stupid beanpole... Why do you have to make me feel like this?'
—————————————————————-
You made udon for the two of you to eat, his eyes lit up while he ate it.

"This is really good, where'd you learn to cook?"

You blushed hearing his compliment

"My mom taught me some of the basic stuff, everything else I either learned on my own or found online"

He smiled. "you're quite talented."

Your heart raced slightly.

'Kei... you make my heart feel so.. stirred up.'

The two of you finished eating and talked for a few hours. Tsukki had noticed you staring at him a few times.
Eventually he decided to ask...

"Why do you keep looking at me like that?"

A light blush dusted his cheeks as he spoke.

"You have nice eyes" you said casually
You looked over to him and smiled.

"They look like... gold... or honey. Oh or butterscotch! Those are my favorite" you smiled sweetly.

He blushed more

Tsukki looked at the clock noticing the time.
"Oh it's pretty late I should head home"

You looked at the clock to see that it was almost midnight.

"What are you, Cinderella?" You laughed

Tsukki chuckled at your comment.

"No but we do have school tomorrow, you should get some rest, it's been a long day"
He smiled at you warmly.

"I think every time we talk I see another side of you... I like getting to know you"
You smiled at him and he returned
The gesture.

"Well I guess we'll just have to talk more often then" he replied.
—————————————————————-
After Tsukki left you went up to your room and sat on your bed.

'So he doesn't have a girlfriend... I'm glad'
—————————————————————-
As Tsukki walked home you were the only thing on his mind

'Was she really that upset because she thought I was playing her? I never want to be the reason she cries again...'

He kept picturing you in his mind...
Replaying the moment he turned you around to see you had been crying.
He kept thinking about how beautiful you looked, even with tears streaming down your face.
His face was painted in a deep scarlet.

'Y/n.. I've really never met someone like you."
—————————————————————-

[end of chapter 5]

[authors note: aaaaaand chapter five is finished, I'm not sure what the next chapter will be like, I have a lot of ideas for things I want to put in the story so I'll just have to find ways to piece everything together. Anyways I really hope you enjoyed! Thanks for reading 🥰]