5. I've missed you

Song: sweater weather by the neighborhood
_______________

Seeing kei for the first time in five years... this aught to be an uncomfortable evening.
Maybe I can avoid him? Talk to everyone else and hope that he does the same?

I wonder if he's moved on... not that it matters! Lev is lovely and I wouldn't let my ex fiancé ruin my chance with him! I'm just curious how he's been. I mean sure I can look him up, but that just tells me what games his team has been playing in.

"Y/n! You ready to go?!" Yuu shouted from your front door.
"I told you to knock yuu! Stop breaking and entering!" You shouted back
"Hurry up! I can't wait to see everyone!"
"One second, be patient!"
You finished getting ready and ran to meet yuu, the two of you got into his car and started driving to the bar.

"So uh..." yuu started
"Okay this can't be good. You never start conversations like this." You looked at yuu with a raised brow.
"well uh... my boyfriend-" he started, though before you could speak he continued. "Who shall remain nameless! Sorta invited me over tonight... I'm gonna be leaving a bit early."
"What?! Yuu you can't leave me alone with kei!"
"You won't be alone! Yamaguchi and I have been keeping the two of you apart for five years! Im sure Yamaguchi can handle it fine."
"You're supposed to be my best friend... bastard."
"I love you y/n, you know this. But I also love being railed into next month so I'm gonna go see my boyfriend~" yuu chimed.

"Fair enough... I still don't get why you won't tell me who it is!"
"Hey look we're here!" Yuu pointed to the bar. The two of you parked and headed inside. You could feel your chest tightening as you entered the building...
'Oh thank gods he isn't here yet."
A deep sigh left your lips and yuu gave you a knowing smile.
"Want to take a shot before he gets here? Calm your nerves a bit...?"
"Definitely... want me to order you one?"
"Don't try to trick me you sneaky bitch, I have to drive to k- to my nameless boyfriends house after this."
You rolled your eyes, giving your friend a cheeky grin.

While waiting for your drink, you heard an all too familiar voice calling your name.
"Y/n?!" Shoyo noticed your presence and immediately tackled you with a hug.
"Sho, it's so good to see you! It's been so long."
"I know right! The last time we saw each other was when you opened the bakery!"
Shoyo paused for a moment, staring at you in silence.
"You okay sho?"
"You're panicking."
"Huh?"
"You're panicking over Tsukki aren't you?"
Silence followed...
"Okay a little I'll be fine though!"
You noticed the bar tender behind you and took the shot from him. though before you could drink it, you heard the door opening.

Tsukki and yamaguchi walked in, you immediately downed the shot before turning back to Shoyo.
"Can he see me?!" You whisper-shouted
"He's looking right at you." Shoyo confirmed. "Shit shit shit I can't do this! I'm gonna die, what if I die?!"
"Okay take a deep breath, you're not gonna die." Hinata stopped talking, looking at kei behind you. "He's coming over here..." he mumbled
"Oh fuck, I'm not ready for this!" You whisper-yelled.
"Good luck!" He chimed.

You felt Kei tap gently on your shoulder. 'Well I've certainly missed that... he always got my attention with the same three taps.'
Taking a deep breath, you turned to look at the man. Immediately being drawn in by the honey colored eyes you'd always loved so much, they were duller than they used to be, but still the same eyes you fell in love with. The light hair he'd let grow out more since high school. He looked nice, tired... but nice.
Though you weren't much better, sleeping last night felt impossible.
"Hey..." his voice was soft, something about it was so different, almost sad?
'I wonder if he's been taking care of himself... he's never made himself a priority'
"Long time no see." You replied, a gentle smile on your face.

Things felt so much less scary now than you'd prepared for... you'd always thought that if the two of you saw each other again there would be some huge fight or something.
But there was no hostility, no hatred.
There were just too people who used to be in love.
Two people, who hadn't stopped thinking of each other since the day they met.
Two people... who in this moment, dreaded the very idea of ever parting ways again. Trapped in each other's gaze, studying each other to see what's changed. There were so many unanswered questions, so many things left unsaid. But the look in his eyes was more than enough to tell you...
I've missed you
You were sure you had the same look in your eyes. But that was fine, neither of you needed to say anything.