7. Everlasting

Song: screams and dreams by Faye
___________

You woke up in your bed after a night of minimal sleep. You've had a lot of those lately... things have gotten complicated, confusing. Sleep does not favor the indecisive.
'I can't wait to go to work today... I just want to bake some bread and get my mind off of everything.'
The walk to work was also certainly needed, the bakery was only down the street and the fresh air was always a nice way to start the day.
Walking into the kitchen, you noticed something strange.
'The flowers are all wilted... what happened?'

You shook off the bothersome thoughts, trying to ignore the dying flowers on your counter.
'This feels like a bad omen...'
Your phone began to ring with a familiar tone, the yaribu opening song. "Yuu is calling!"

"Hey yuu, what's up?" You chimed.
"Y/n! How'd everything go? Did you talk to kei?!" He excitedly asked.
"I did... there's actually a lot going on that I need to figure out. Are you busy tomorrow?"
"I think I'm free!"
"Wonderful, stop by the bakery. We'll have coffee and I'll tell you everything."
"Darling who's that?" Another voice called.
Noya stayed silent for a moment before practically yelling into the phone "see you tomorrow y/n! goodbye!!" Before hanging up.

'I feel like I've heard that voice before...'
____________

Your shift had almost come to an end. You walked out of the kitchen and into the bakery to put out another loaf of tuskan-herb pull apart bread. Your apron covered in flour. 'I really need to get less flour on myself, how do I always end up looking like a mess when I bake?!'
The doors bell chimed and you looked up to greet the new customer, only to see a familiar pair of golden eyes.
"Kei... what are you doing here?"
"You said you wanted me to come by sometime, so here I am..." he smiled. One arm was held behind his back, a behavior you knew all too well.
"Also... to bring you these." He brought his hand in front of him, revealing a bouquet of baby's breath flowers

"What are these for?" You asked.
"Whatever you want them to be for. An apology, a confession, both... who knows." He shrugged, walking back out the door with a dark blush dusting his cheeks.
'I feel like my brain can't process what just happened... this is exactly the problem with kei! He's so confusing...'
You let out a soft sigh. Trying to calm the waves of affection and confusion that we're berating you.
______________

You swung open the door to your apartment after a needlessly confusing end of the day. Eyes immediately landing on the wilted flowers in the vase, then down to the fresh flowers kei gave you. And for the first time, you noticed a small note, it was attached to the string which tied together the bouquet, though the note itself had been tucked into the flowers, half hidden.
The note was in keis handwriting, it read baby's breath symbolizes everlasting love. I'm sorry for any confusion or pain I've caused you throughout the years. Even five years later, you mean the world and more to me. Whether or not we're together, I believe you'll always be my sun and stars.

Tears trickled down your face as you read his note. It was short and sweet. And exactly what you needed to tip the scales... your gaze shifted to the moon pendant you always kept around your neck.

"A moon pendant... I love it kei!" You chimed, taking the necklace out of its box.
"That's not all..." Tsukki held up his hand, showing you the ring he was wearing, it was engraved with the words my sun and stars "if I'm the moon, you're my sun and stars. And as stupidly cheesy as this is, I thought you'd like it." He chuckled
"I love it, and you." You looked at the man with fondness in your gaze.

You took a deep breath, wiping the tears off of your face you pulled the old flowers out of the vase and threw them away. Refreshing the water and replacing them with the baby's breath. Then, called lev.
"Hey y/n!"
"Hey lev... I need to talk to you, are you busy right now?"
"Not at all, same park?" He asked, a nervousness now noticeable in his voice.
"Yeah... I'll see you soon."
"See you soon." He replied before you ended the call.

'Time to figure things out... I guess.'

[to be continued]