8. The storm

[authors note: this episode takes place the day after the last, I dont have anything interesting to write about most of the day so we're gonna skip straight to after school, please enjoy!]

[Thursday//after school]

'Today was so long' you thought as you walked down the halls of karasuno, heading towards the gym.
'I'm actually gonna be the manager.... fuck... let's hope I don't suck at this...'
You open the doors of the volleyball club, only to see coach ukai, and the other manager.
"Ah y/n good to see you! What brings you here?"
"Uh hello... I'm here to become a manager"

"Really? What a surprise, did nishinoya ask you to do this? Or Tsukkishima?"
"Kei asked me"
"Well you seem to have a good effect on the kid, I'm glad we'll have you around!
Oh right, this is the other manager kiyoko shimizu."
You outstretched your hand towards shimizu "nice to meet you, I'm y/n l/n"
"Hello l/n" she smiled

'Wow... she's so pretty'
You heard loud talking and footsteps approaching the gym as club members walked in.
"Everyone gather around!" Ukai yelled.
'Wow there's a lot of people in here...'
"This is y/n, starting today she'll be our new manager"
Noya looked confused "WAIT WHAT"
"What?" You asked
"WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME"
"I guess I thought you'd enjoy the surprise" you smirked.

Noya stuck his tongue out at you, making you laugh.
Ukai looked at the team "y/n already knows Tsukkishima and noya so everyone else, introduce yourself"
"Actually I also know hinata"
"Ah, then everyone but those three"
One by one, all of the members introduced themselves.
'They all seem pretty nice... this could be fun'

"So can you play volleyball?" Hinata asked
"Uh yeah kinda, I'm not super good but I grew up helping noya practice so I learned a bit"
"You're tall so you probably play middle blocker right?"
"I do" you smiled
Hinata face lit up "LETS PLAY A GAME"
Suga walked up to Hinata "it's her first day, no need to put any more stress on her. I'm sorry about him y/n"
"Oh no it's fine, I'd love to play some other time" you laughed

You watched practice for a while, everything rather normal until hinata and kageyama used their monster quick attack
'What the fuck just happened'
"H-how did you-"
Hinata had a big smile and started jumping around.
"Cool right?!"
"Yeah! It was all like... WHAM and then KABOOM!"
"I KNOW RIGHT I RUN UP LIKE WHOOSH AND THEN BAM AND PWANG"

Tsukki started laughing "wow you even speak his language"
Once practice finished, daichi bought everyone food from Ukais store to celebrate the new manager.
You and Tsukki said goodbye to everyone and start walking back to your house, both of you noticing the wind getting stronger
'Its Cold.. cloudy too... hopefully it doesn't rain'

"So what do you think of the team?"
"They're all great! I really hope I can be a good addition!"
"You will be"
You and Tsukki both smiled, after a moment you felt rain hitting your face
'Not good...'
The rain quickly worsened

"Kei"

"Yeah?"

"You have an umbrella?"

"Nope...."

'Shit'

"We should get home quickly, this is just gonna get worse"
You grabbed tsukkis hand and the two of you started running back to your house.
You finally arrive at home, completely soaked and out of breath from running.
"I think some of my dads old clothes are still in the closet, I'll get you something to wear."
"Okay, thanks"
You go into the closet and pull out a black hoodie and a pair of joggers.
"You can wear this, you should stay here until the storm dies down... if you want to take a shower it's down the hall."
"Uhh yeah I'll take one, be right back"