10. Tomorrow

Song: anymore by Frank turner
______________

You woke up to bright light shining through your windows, practically blinding. 'The sun has quite a violent approach today...'
You sat up in bed, an aching pain assaulting your head. 'Fuck I shouldn't be allowed to drink, I cannot hold my liquor.'
You took a deep breath, caught off guard by the sound of movement in the next room. The memories of your night came flooding back. 'Kei is up?'

You stood up, socks muting the sound of your steps as you walked into the living room. Noticing kei about to open the door...
"Kei..?" You called softly, involuntarily giving the man a dejected look
Kei turned around, clear guilt plastered on his face. Before you were able to speak, he interrupted you.
"Listen, I uh... we were drunk. I don't want last night to ruin whatever chance of a friendship we still have. Can we forget about it?"

You held back persistent tears, staying composed while keeping a steady tone. "Yeah... sure." Is all you said before kei walked out once again.
'I have no right to be mad, I knew what this was. He said he wanted to be friends... this is my fault.
Maybe kei and I just weren't meant to be together, our story has no end. Like a love poem that was forever left unfinished, incomplete, imperfect.'

Your door shut closed as you fell to your knees, collapsing onto the floor. The sharp aching in your head has shifted to your heart. Yet your mind still felt frozen, stuck in the moment he walked out. It took a few minutes for time to catch up, for the realization of reality to hit you along with the sound of your own broken sobs.

_______[tsukkis POV]_______

I awoke next to y/n, sleeping peacefully next to me. She always looked so beautiful in morning light.
I did something stupid last night... I slept with my ex fiancé, who I'm still in love with, knowing that she had a boyfriend.
What the hell is wrong with me?!
I swear at some point in my life I had common sense, I was reasonable. Now I'm a lovesick idiot and my ex's paramour.

I noticed y/n stirring in her sleep. 'I have to go...' the next thing I knew, I was about to walk out the door. Until I heard her calling out my name. She looked so... sad.
I fucked up, this whole thing was a mistake and it seems like we both know that now that we're sober... the least I can do is end things myself. If I do it she won't have to feel guilty about shooting me down.
And who knows, maybe we really can be friends...

"Yeah... sure" was her reply, I hadn't heard her voice sound like that since the last time she saw her father.
I'm an idiot, I know that... and as much as I try to convince myself that I was ending things for her sake, I don't think that was the case. Call me selfish, call me a coward, call me a monster, all would be true, because in reality I didn't say that so she wouldn't feel guilty, I said it so I wouldn't have to hear her ending us for good... it would have just been too painful.

[second person]

After eventually gathering yourself, you got ready for the day. Trying your best to ignore your puffy eyes.
'I look so tired, so worn out...'
You were brought out of your self deprecation by the sound of your ringing phone.

"Hey yuu!"
"I'm about to leave the house! I'll see you at the bakery! I have something to tell you!" Yuu yelled into the phone.
"Oh? Is this about your mystery man~?"
Silence was all you got from the other end, followed shortly after by the sound of a disconnect tone.
'Its totally about his boyfriend!'
________________

You stepped into the bakery, giving your manager a friendly wave. "Hey Mari!"
"Good morning Ms. L/n!" She chimed, you gave a soft chuckle at the woman's formality "no need to be so stately, y/n is fine."
You'd hired Mari a few months ago, and she's been a wonderful employee since. With the help of her and the rest of your employees, you really didn't need to work nearly as much as you did. But baking was relaxing, it helped you let off stress so you still came in to work with everyone else quite often.