2. Okay isn't happy.

Song: jet lag by Frank turner
_______________

It was no surprise that things after the breakup were difficult. With Kei gone, the house felt far too lonely... you needed a change. So after quite a lot of evaluating your life, you decided to take a big step in your career. Opening your own bakery...
After high school, you had spent two years in culinary school. since then, you'd been working at a bakery in Sendai city.
And you needed to move anyways, so...why not make it to a new city altogether? Restart your life so you can really be happy again.

~first person~

Within 3 months of the breakup I was living in ishinomaki, miyagi. preparing to open a bakery of my own.
And now, five years later, I'm the owner of a very popular miyagi bakery. My creations had blown up on social media after a year of opening. Since then, my little local bakery has become something that people from all over the world look forward to trying one day.
Things are going great, I'm doing great.
I'm doing great.
I'm doing great.
I'm doing great.
I should be doing great, but I'm not.
I'm okay I guess? But okay isn't great...
okay isn't happy.
Why am I not happy?

I've looked Kei up plenty of times in the last five years, he seems to be doing great... better than I am at least.
The day came to a close and I got a call from yuu.

"Hey yuu, what's up?"

"Y/n! Everyone from the team is going to be in town for the first time in the last 8 years! We're gonna meet for drinks please tell me you'll come."
'Everyone..?' this would be the first time I've seen him since the engagement fell apart.
"Oh uh... everyone including kei?" I asked.
Yuu was silent for a moment. "Yeah... I'm assuming that means you aren't coming?" I looked down at the moon pendant around my neck.
"I'll think about it yuu. When is everyone meeting up?"
"A week from today!" Yuu beamed.
"Alright, I've got to finish cleaning up for the night. I'll call you tomorrow alright?"

~second person~

You hung up the phone, going back to cleaning the counters. Until You heard the jingle of the bakery's doors opening. 'Shit I must have forgotten to lock up when we closed.'
"I'm really sorry but the bakery is c-" you cut yourself off when you saw who had walked in.
"... yuri?"
"Hey Y/n... can we talk?"
"Sure."
Yuri looked completely different now, her medium length black hair had been dyed red and was much longer now. She had bangs which looked lovely on her. Her brown eyes were covered by orange lenses. The girls taste in clothing had also clearly matured.

Yuri took a seat across the counter from you. An uncomfortable silence followed for a few moments, it seemed like she was trying to think of what to say. You only stayed silent and waited... until eventually she spoke. "I'm so sorry."
'Well... I didn't see that coming.'
She continued. "I had some fucked up stuff going on as a kid, and I treated you horribly... that isn't an excuse for how I acted or anything, just an explanation... you deserve that much at the very least."

I smiled at the girl. "It's alright, I forgive you."
She relaxed a bit, though she now looked confused. "How are you able to say that so easily? I figured you'd hate me."
This made me chuckle. "At the time I hated you... but I know better than most how much people change over time." Kei's words popped into your mind for what was probably the thousandth time... things happen, people change.
"This might be presumptuous, so feel free to say no." Yuri started, hesitating a bit. "Could we be friends?"
You gave her a soft smile. "I'd like that."
You walked around to the other side of the counter, sitting next to yuri. "how have you been since high school?" You asked.

"I've been doing well! I actually became a model! How about you?" She beamed.
"I've been good too. And as for my job, we'll... we're standing in it." You chuckled.
"Oh what about your boyfriend? Did you two work out?" She asked with a soft smile.
"We didn't, he and I were together for a while though... even got engaged actually." You replied with a nervous chuckle.
"Oh that's too bad, well if you're ever looking to date I've got some friends I could set you up with!"
You tried to speak but the words were caught in your throat. It wasn't that you hadn't thought about it, You'd even gone on a few dates... they just never worked out, You never felt that same spark.
"I'll uh... I'll think about it." You finally spoke.
__________________

You and yuri ended up talking for 3 hours, to your surprise the two of you had quite a lot of similarities. As yuri was getting ready to leave, you'd remembered what she said...
"Hey yuri?"
"Yeah"
"I think I would like to go on a date... if any of your friends would be interested." I took a deep breath, trying to calm my nerves.
The girl gave a smile. "Awesome, I'll text you 'Kay?"
"Sounds good, thanks for coming by yuri."
"Thank you for forgiving me." She gave a soft smile before exiting the shop.

'I can do this... I can move on.'

[to be continued]

Authors note: I made yuri from high school vs adult yuri on lily diary ^^