4. Daffodils and azaleas

Authors note: the MC in this is going to have Lepidopterophobia, the fear of butterflies. I have it so I'll try my best to describe the feeling well ^^

(Side note: highkey don't lOve this chapter but it's important for story purposes so bare with me <3)

Song: hits & Mrs by Frank turner
_________________

A gentle rapping sounded at your front door. 'Yuu is here!'
You opened the door to see yuu with a bright smile, carrying a bag of movie snacks. "Movie night!" He beamed, holding the bag above his head.
"Movie night! But also... I have some updates!"
Yuu immediately dropped the bag, staring at you with wide eyes. "Tell. Me. Everything!"
You gave a soft chuckle, picking the bag up off the floor. "I will, come inside first you weirdo."
"Right!"

The two of you sat down on the couch, yuu stared at you intently, waiting for you to speak.
"So... I sorta have a date."

"Really?! The last time you told me about a date was in high school! Can I help you pick an outfit?! Oh oh and you need to tell me who it is!"

"Okay well first of all you are way too exited about this. Second, yes you can help me pick an outfit. And third... you know him!" You finished with a slight smirk.
"I know him? Who?! I can't take the suspense!"
"It's lev haiba, he was on nekoma back in the day."
"That's wonderful y/n! He was always super nice! Also, 'back in the day'? Don't talk like you're old dork!"

"So... when's the date?" Noya asked.
"Tomorrow evening... I'm so nervous!"
"Well I never! Y/n l/n is nervous over a date? I never thought I'd see the day!" Yuu spoke like an old southern woman, clutching his imaginary pearls.
"Okay first, shut up. Second, first."

[time skip//tomorrow evening]

"remember to let me know if you need a fake emergency call! I'll happily break my own arm if you need a way out of this date."
Yuu beamed, shoving your bag into your arms.
"Alright yuu, I feel like I need to clarify this. You don't actually have to be in a hospital to make a fake call from a hospital. So on the off chance that I do need you to call me, absolutely do not hurt yourself."
"Oh yeah totally not! Wink..." he replied, winking at you.
"You literally just said the word wink out loud... I'm gonna punch you."

You noticed a soft knock on the door. "Oh shit that's him! I'm not ready for this... what if I die?!"
"You're not gonna die! Probably... just go!" Noya urged, shoving you towards the door before running out of sight.
You pulled the door open to see lev with a nervous smile
"Hey lev!" You chimed
"Hey y/n! Here, I picked these up on my way over." He chimed, holding out a bouquet of daffodils and pink azaleas.

Azaleas... the same flowers kei always used to buy you. They represent love and gentleness. And daffodils represent new beginnings... fitting, isn't it?
"Thank you! Mind if I go put them in water real quick?"
"Not at all, go ahead." He smiled

You quickly ran back into the apartment, noticing noyas wide smile. "I'll put them in water for you, go have fun."
"Thanks yuu! There's packets of plant food in the cabinet above the sink, pour one in the water please."
Yuu gave a fake look of shock. "Using your plant food for this guy, things are getting serious already~!"
"Shut up dork, I'll see you, remember to lock up my house when you leave, if I get robbed I'm totally gonna kill you!" You chimed, heading back to the front door to get lev.
_________

"So, where are we going?" You asked.
"Well there's this cool garden thing not too far from here. It's like a big indoor park and there are birds and stuff flying around all over the place!" His excitement was adorable, reminiscent of kei when he'd tell you all about the dinosaurs at the museum... he always looked so happy when he got to talk about them.