reggie | out of love

▪▪▪

o. In which you have fallen out of love with Reggie and are scared to end things with him.

warnings: angst, sad and upset reggie, heartbreak?

a-n: I am sorry for this. I just needed to write this idea i had.

She wasn't sure when her feelings had changed, or when the romantic love she once felt towards the bassist turned platonic. But it did. All those hugs and kisses she had shared with Reggie were great at first, they held so much passion and love that they couldn't put into words or describe. Then as the months went on, those once enjoyable moments felt strange to her, they felt wrong. It was like some mysterious force, managed to push out all the love for the bass guitarist from her life, while instead replacing it with regular friendship. Or maybe it was her parent's distaste for her boyfriend that caused for these feelings to change.

She knew they had never appreciated or supported her romantic feelings and relationship with the Peters boy. She knew that they would have preferred her to date someone with more popularity. Whenever the h/c had asked them, her parents would always bring up some stupid excuse like that they didn't want her affiliated with a wannabe rock band.

As of right now, Y/n was stood, back facing the school hallway as she dug through her locker. The metal door connected, was widely strung open as she swapped the books and materials she would need for her next class. Humming a few random tunes and lyrics under her breath, she was unaware to the certain cheery bass player who had made his way over to her with his two best friends, Luke and Alex. A wide smile was decorating his features as he leaned himself up against the row of lockers which lined the school walls. His red flannel was tied messily around his waist as he stood there, waiting for his girlfriend.

"Hey babe, are you coming to watch our band practice after school today?" Reggie questioned the girl, in his usual joyful tone. As he now spotted the h/c girl twisting around and shutting her locker door. A couple of her textbooks pressed firmly into her chest, with the straps to her bag hanging loosely over her shoulder.

Y/n bit her lip carefully, before plastering a fake smile onto her features. The boy beside her suddenly wrapped his arm around her shoulders. A small part of the girl wanted to push his arm off of her and blurt out that they were done and over, but she didn't cause she knew it would break his heart. So she kept her mouth shut and just nodded her head plainly, watching his face brighten a little more, before heading off to his first class. Luke slowly following behind carefully. Y/n let out a small sigh, and finally shoved her books into her bag, and moving to turn around to head her own way.

"You know, you're gonna have to tell him someday." The familiar voice of Alex spoke behind her, just as she began to walk away. The blonde must not have walked off with his friends quite yet. "You can't just keep leading him on like this."

The h/c female just shook her head in response, and walked away before the drummer could guilt her into finally breaking up with one of his best friends. She just wanted to focus on heading to class at the moment, and if she stayed any longer. She knew that eventually she would crack and would end up leaving Reggie heartbroken the next time she saw him. Which if she was honest wouldn't be too far away, considering they shared a few classes together that day.

Stuck in her last class of the day, Y/n rested her head against the her palm of her hand. She watched boredly as their teacher explained mathematics at the front of the room, with a dull tone. The clock was ticking away on the wall, very slowly. As the girl waited impatiently for the class to end, and she could head home for the day. Her thoughts suddenly became cluttered with thoughts of the past seven months when dating Reggie. The best seven months of her life, from when she was so hopelessly in love with the leather jacket-wearing boy.