19

I'm still inside the fire exit cause Jennie pushed me earlier and told me to go. I did hear Kang behind me and I didn't even know what to do. At first I wanted to stay and face him but such action can also harm Jennie. I don't know how much Kang hurt her behind close doors and I don't want to sacrifice being all tough and defend Jennie in exchange of her hurting.

"Who the fuck is that?!" I heard Kang's loud ass voice outside

"Do you want the neighbors to hear you loud and clear?" Jennie says in a calm tone. I don't even know how she can do that

"Who will look bad between us Jennie? Not me" he said with so much confidence

"Let's file a divorce paper" she said without beating behind around the bush

"You already know my answer to that. We can do so, but you know you'll risk someone right?" He's using Ella so much as a reason and to scare Jennie.

"Your bad scent will show up sooner or later and you cannot run away from it Kang" Jennie says. The hallway grew silent for a couple of seconds until I heard Jennie's heels clicking. Later on Kang's loud footstep went in as well and I don't really feel at ease knowing that he can do something towards Jennie right now.

I peek outside to make sure that both of them are gone before walking towards Cory's apartment door. Before I can even knock, the door open up with Cory behind it.

"I'll go get Jennie and Ella" she was also listening the whole time.

"Do you want me to stay at your apartment-"

"It will be too risky. Stay at yours for tonight and I'll make sure they're safe. My daughter will arrive later with my granddaughter so I can just use that as an excuse for them to stay here for tonight" I nod my head in understanding

"Thank you Cory" I said making her wave her hand before walking towards Jennie's apartment door. I walk inside my apartment and stayed behind the door. I stayed there until I heard a couple of footsteps going back.

"Will Cassy spend the night here as well?" I heard Ella asks making me breathe out. Good thing Cory was able to take them out.

---

The next morning I received a call from Jisoo informing me about Kang's ex. They told me they narrowed it down to 4 locations where they can find the girl. It is really hard to find her knowing that she might not want Kang to ever find her again or Kang's family just send her off as far as possible so they don't have to worry that she'll ruin Kang's reputation.

"So where do you think she is?" I ask while eating toast for breakfast

"We have one in LA but that's very unlikely. Some people are already searching for her in LA and I'm pretty sure she's not there. We have one in Hawaii, one in Amsterdam, and one in India"

"Those are so far" I said

"Indeed, I'll just call you back if I have any updates. For now try and finish your work so we can fully help Jennie"

"Alright, thank you. Call me if you need anything" Jisoo hummed in response before ending the call. I tried calling Jennie but she's not picking up. She's probably asleep or something. It's Saturday so Ella can stay with Cory and her grand daughter Cassy. Jennie needs to go to work, I do too. I check my wrist watch and it's almost 8, I need to be there by 8:30 so I need to go.

I put my plate on the sink first before walking towards my bedroom to pick up my bag and car keys. I walk out of my apartment and turn around just to catch Jennie's eyes on me. She probably just walked out of that apartment.

I was gonna greet her and even approach her but she immediately shake her head lightly

I was gonna greet her and even approach her but she immediately shake her head lightly. I stop myself from walking and let Jennie pass by me as she head towards the elevator. When she entered the elevator and look at my way once more, I nod my head and let her use the elevator first. A couple of seconds later she send me a message saying 'let's not talk nor greet each other in the hallway. Not even your apartment cause someone else might see us. Let's just settle in the parking lot for now'. I know this seems hard but we don't really have a choice here.

When the elevator door open up I walk in and go straight to the parking lot. When the elevator door open, I look around and saw a couple of women on their way towards their own car. They seem to be living here as well. I look at Jennie and she's casually walking towards her car.. I don't think it's safe to approach her now.

"Is that her?" I heard a woman in her 40s says towards the other person. I don't want to listen to their conversation but the parking lot is a confined space so it echoes around

"I would never picture her as someone who's commiting infidelity towards Doctor Kang" my head immediately turn to look at who's talking and they're both looking at Jennie. The other women in the parking lot surely heard it. I put my gaze back on Jennie and she stop from walking after hearing that.

"You can never judge a book by its cover, as they said" I seriously want to approach them and shut them up but it'll worsen the situation for Jennie. I feel bad cause she's the only one suffering from all these gossips cause they don't know the other person involved which is me.

"Poor Doctor Kang, he deserves better" Jennie continue walking towards her car while I head towards my own car which is not that far from the people who are gossiping

"You moved here recently right?" The person who started the gossip said referring to me. She used the most friendly voice she can imitate.. it doesn't fit her. While she's talking, Jennie started her car and drive out of here "since you're new, you should stay away from that girl-"

"Excuse me, but your voice is so loud. It's very early in the morning and I don't know if you have no decent job to gossip about a well known doctor who probably make more money than all of you combined. Your gossip ruins your image more than you ruin her image, and I hope you know that. If you don't, well maybe she's really more educated than y'all are."