20

"so the rest of our shoot will be held indoors" Mingyu said while I'm rechecking the edited pictures. He's leaning down while standing on my side as he is also checking everything.

 He's leaning down while standing on my side as he is also checking everything

"Uh aren't we short of choices?" I ask

"Not really, we have enough but if you wanted to re-do some of those.. we can make time" he said

"No it's alright, I want to get it done at the exact date or earlier, if possible" Mingyu nod his head in agreement

"You should rest more" he added making me look up at him

"Do I look tired?" I said jokingly

"No I don't mean it like that" he said laughing as well "you've been working a lot here and you're also editing back at your apartment. You're also dealing with personal stuff so.. that's a lot for you" Mingyu is a really considerate guy

"I mean I can just rest once it's all done. It's not like I can stop the time" I said shrugging my shoulder

"It's lunch time, I'll go with the staff.. you're free to join us" I pull up my sleeve to check my wrist watch and it is noon time

"Thank you, but I'll pass for now. I need to go somewhere" I said, I stand up and close my laptop and grab my bag. "I'll be back "

With that I rush out of the building as I greet the staffs on my way out of the studio. I pull out my phone while Im inside the elevator to check up on Jennie. I sent her a text asking if she's busy with work. She told me she'll be in the operating room in less than an hour so I immediately drive my car and grab lunch on my way.

I did text her that I'll go to the hospital. I told her to just go straight to my car since if ever someone is around, my car is tainted so they can't actually recognize that Jennie's with someone. She might be on edge still after what happened earlier but I don't feel at ease just sitting at work while thinking of how she feels.

I parked my car on the far corner of the parking lot. I know it's a long walk for Jennie but it'll actually make her feel more hidden and safe. I stayed inside the car for 5 minutes until I saw the elevator door open with just Jennie. She first look around the parking lot which made me do it as well. We're very conscious of our surrounding right now, it's like we're walking on eggshells. When Jennie didn't saw anyone she walk straight towards my car. I left the door unlocked so she can quickly open it.

When Jennie made it inside my car she sigh out heavily, relieved that no one's around. I didn't know what to say so the whole car was filled with silence for atleast a minute. I reach out for her hand and intertwine it with mine. She's just looking at our hands without saying a word

"What happened to your hand?" She said. I immediately look at my hand since I don't know what she's talking about. There I saw a small scratch at my fingertip

"Probably paper cut" I said still look at it. Jennie squeeze my hand and held it firmly

"It probably stings huh? Really really small but it stings a lot. Just let it be tho" it's funny that she's explaining those to me when I was a doctor too

"You're good at this, you should be a doctor" I said jokingly which draws a smile on her face. She's probably still thinking about what happened earlier and her work stress probably adds up. "I bought some food, I know you won't have time to eat" I said as I unclasp my hand from hers as I will get the food from the backseat but she kept my hand on hers. "I'll go get the food" I said pulling my hand lightly but she grasp it even more making me laugh. She laugh as well and this time she let my hand go, I shake my head and lean back to grab the food I bought. I don't think she can finish a whole meal so I just bought lobster sandwich.

"You have surgeries today?" I ask to start a conversation while she starts eating

"I have 3"

"Then you won't be home tonight?" She shake her head in response. Surgeries takes a long time so I'm not even surprised

"So you were there when the ladies are gossiping right?" She said making me nod

"Should we perform a surgery on their brain, it seems like it's not functioning properly" she flashes a smile once more as she take another bite from her sandwich

"I wasn't worried that they're talking behind my back... I'm worried that you might get affected by it" she said "Lisayah.." she tighten her grip on my hand making me look down "you know how much people look down at me now, cause they see me as someone who's cheating. But if people found out that you're a homewrecker then you'll experience the same pain as what I'm going through right now, and it hurts me more"

"Jennie.. I'm not worried about that. Fuck what people thinks... I won't leave you knowing that someone's abusing you instead of making you happy" Jennie breathe in deeply and look up to keep herself from crying. We stayed in silence for a couple of seconds before her phone rings. She fish her phone out of her pocket and read it.

"They're preparing for surgery so I need to head back in " she turn her phone off and put it back on her pocket

"Bring your sandwich and try to take a few more bites, you might get stuck inside the operating room for a long time" she nod her head and pull me in for a hug. She let out a deep sigh once more while she's hugging me. I know she's very worried but I'm glad that she's not pushing me away this time.

"Drive safely" she said patting my back lightly before pulling out from the hug. I nod my head to assure her before she open the car door to go back inside the hospital.

I followed her with my eyes as she creep towards the elevator secretly, not trying to be spotted by anyone. When she finally got in I received a phone call from Jisoo.

"Lisayah... We found Kang's ex location"