43

Opening my eyes when I wake up and catching a glimpse of Jennie's face first is something I missed. It is also something that I can finally do without the uncertainty of what will happen. After what happened yesterday, it felt as if a huge weight was lifted off of my shoulders. That is not because I was tired of what we had, I was simply glad that it is all over. Jennie probably thought that I slept a few hours ahead of her, but I am well aware of how much she cried last night. She couldn't stop sobbing for a long time. She tried to be as quiet as she can to keep me from waking up but she was also holding on to me as if I'm going anywhere. She's holding me so tight while she was crying. She suffered so much and I'm glad she feels free now.

"Eomma!" Ella calls me out as she walks into the living room "do you think I should put my hair up or it looks better like this?" She says

"It looks good like that already" I said, she walks back to the room and Jennie walks out this time

"Is my makeup fine?" I thought I take the longest when preparing but here I am trying to be very patient cause these two are taking forever

"I can't see" I said since I don't have good eyesight and I'm not wearing any contact lens. She walks closer to me and bends over which makes her face way closer. I lift my hand and close my eyes so she can do the same. She closes her eyes and I try to blend her eyeshadow a bit more so it won't look darker than the other.

"Lalisa, the director is treating you guys for lunch?" Chaeyoung asks

"Yeah, he called me earlier saying that he arrived in LAX and heard about the good news" I said shifting my eyes from Jennie's face to Chaeyoung who's sitting on the other couch.

"Tell him, his employees are also very hungry so we'll appreciate such things too"

"I remembered him eating with us once or twice" Eunwoo says

"Right? He barely treats us for a meal even though we are very hardworking doctors too" Jackson protests

"I mean, he is my grandfather so I don't think this is very unusual" I said but Jackson crosses his arms and pouts like a kid 

"Why the hell is this person calling me?" Jennie mumbles while walking inside the living room. I look at her as she answers it. "Hello? Yeah, I'm sorry but I'm not on call right now" must be from work "Lisa and I?" I was gonna look away until I heard my name. Jennie seems confused but she walks towards me and put her phone on speaker

"Hey, this is Claire" a familiar voice says. I'm trying to think of a name Claire. I obviously met her but I'm very forgetful. I turn my head to look at Jennie and she mouthed 'hospital president' oh, that's right. I talked to her back at the hospital event. She's basically Jennie's boss.

"Oh, right... I'm so sorry, I have a really bad memory" I said

"That's a good thing" I heard Jennie grumbles

"I heard about the court trial, I'm very sorry to hear some part of the verdict but I'm delighted that you won the case" she said pertaining to Jennie

"Rumors and gossips do fly very fast" Jennie said and I'm pretty sure Claire heard that

"It does, anyway I'm not calling to bother you guys. So I heard that the law stated that Dr. Kang will receive disciplinary actions from the hospital's medical board right?"

"Yeah, and not to be rude but that's quite fucked up" I claimed making her laugh

"Yeah... Since I've been working with Dr. Kim for a while now and I appreciate her work ethic and her dedication as a doctor. I also am a woman and I couldn't even think of putting myself in that shoe, you know?" Jennie and I stayed silent as we anticipate her next words. "What I'm trying to say is that as the hospital president I will do my very best to fire Dr. Kang from my hospital. Considering that this hospital is one of the most popular and biggest hospital in this state, I'm pretty sure it will be hard for him to find another position as a doctor. Unless a hospital who is really in need of a good doctor will take him"