CHAPTER NINETEEN

When a number from the academy had rang her phone, Florence ignored it like usual. Not once had she ever responded to that number, although granted the number never showd due on her phone too often. Just looking at it made her feel a bit miserable.

Vanyas phone rang once but she had ignored it. The second time it chimed, she pulled it out of her pocket and said it was Allison and that she should probably answer it.

The call lasted all of twenty seconds and was a request for them to come back to the house for an 'important family meeting.'

"Surprised they even thought to include us..." Florence muttered.

Vanya silently agreed and they made the short walk back, stepping inside.

Florence happily removed her coat and shook her wings out, pulling them out to her sides so they reached across the foyer, cracking her neck in the meanwhile. Her thick, dark wings did a little flutter when she drew them back into her back, like she was shimmy-ing her shoulders to get comfortable like a cat on a cat bed.

Feeling eyes on her she looked up to see Vanya staring. When she was caught, she looked away, cheeks tinting red.

Florence couldnt help but smirk and nudge her on their way to the living room where the others were quietly conversing, waiting.

"Like what you see?" She teased lightly.

Vanya kept her eyes away from hers but a tiny smile made its way to her lips. "Always." She responded back, which almost made Florence do a double take.

Instead she grinned to herself.

Walking into the room they felt the tone shift immediately. Diego, Luther and Allison stood around a small video player, arms folded and troubled expressions on their faces.

"Wheres Five?" Luther asked, disappointed.

"Were not his babysitters." Florence mutters, pretty sure he was doing something more important than whatever this was. And probably more interesting.

Klaus walked in from another room and waved.

"Can we hurry this up?" Diego asked impatiently.

"Why, you got somewhere better to be?" Allison challenged.

"Anywheres better than here."

"Ain't that the truth." Florence murmured.

"Watch this." Luther demanded, pressing play on the video footage.

They watched apprehensively and quickly realised it was footage from the night of Sir Reginalds death.

Once it ended, they stood in silence.

Florence simply frowned; she didnt care what the footage looked like, she cared more about what the others were thinking in terms of their mother.

"Do you really think mom would hurt him?" Vanya asked quietly.

"You haven't been home in a long time, Vanya," Luther stated. "Maybe you dont know Grace anymore."

Grace.

"Then why don't we ask someone who has been?" Diego folds his arms across his chest, annoyed, shooting a look at Florence.

She blinks at the attention brought to her suddenly and inches closer to Vanya.

"I dont give a fuck what you think happened in that video, there's no way she would have killed him unless he gave her specific orders to do so." She shook her head.