CHAPTER ELEVEN

When Number five rounds the corner, coffee on his mind, the least he expects is to run into the strange British girl from earlier. She looks tired, less confident and for a brief moment he could believe this was entirely different person. Wearing all black, a band tee and a leather jacket, her pale skin almost shone in the dim lighting.
He thinks nothing of the odd woman, going to move past her.

That is until she speaks.

"Where you off to?" She asks tiredly.

"Why do you care?" He retorts before noting the empty expression in her eyes as she stares at him. He reigns in his sharp tone, so used to using it with his siblings. "To get coffee."

She nods once. "Griddys?"

He nods once back.

She taps her foot, deep in thought. "Is it too much to ask you to bring back a vanilla milkshake?"

He raises an eyebrow, not amused. "Seriously?"

She leans against the wall. Waits for his answer.

"Cant you get your own?"

"Its... not for me."

He thinks for a moment, looking her up and down. "If its that important just come with me. I'm not carrying a milkshake back."

He catches the way her lips pull into a frown and her fists clench at her side. She doesnt look too keen on the idea - the mere thought of leaving the house to go to a public place, a diner, amidst people. The noise would be enough to overwhelm her, let alone the rest. This was why she rarely left the academy. Trapped by her own senses.

Five grew impatient. "Im not waiting all day. You've got two minutes before I leave without you."

She swallows and he leaves. She weighs up the options in her head, tapping her foot like thumper from bambi before running a hand down her face and darting upstairs to grab her jacket.