CHAPTER SEVEN

Florence grimaced as everyone turned to look at her, everyone but Vanya and Five expressing their disbelief.

"Oh, so now you decide to show up?!" Allison crosses her arms. Florence rolls her eyes and kicks off the wall, approaching them and sliding into a chair beside vanya.

"Dont use that parenting tone with me." She leans back.

Five is surprised by two things; one, she has a British accent. Two; he was pretty sure he could see wings trailing down the sides of the chair, extending from her back.

She glares. "I didnt."

"Yeah is that why my ears are ringing?" She mutters. Vanya looks down to hide her smile.

"Seriously, where were you?" Luther asked, glaring down at her. "We wanted you here for dad's funeral!"

She rolls her eyes. "Course you did." She retorts sarcastically. "You only wanted me there so you could accuse me of killing your old man."

Allison bit back a defensive, "hey!"

She furrowed her eyebrows. "What? You were just as offended back when he held that meeting-"

"-which you weren't even there for!" She bit back.

"Yeah but you lot were loud enough the neighbours could probably hear." She pointed out, crossing her arms over her chest. They all exchanged annoyed looks and she was sorely reminded of how they used to treat her and Vanya as teenagers.

"So you were eavesdropping?" Diego asked.

She turned her gaze to the ceiling and closed her eyes. "Lord give me some fucking strength." She muttered. "Youre all still idiots, I see."

"Could you at least show a little compassion?" Luther crossed his arms. "Dads dead, for god sake."

Florence gave a bitter smile and glared at him. "Yeah, your dad. Boo-fucking-hoo." She rose a challenging eyebrow, knowing saying this so bluntly would be bad, but still continuing. "He was old and on his way out anyways."

Luther made an agressive move towards her and stopped in front of her, towering over her nonchalant form. "You really want to start this now? He took you in when no one-"

Klaus and Vanya looked upset at Luther, and even Allison and diego looked troubled by his comment, though none moved to stop his rant.

She cut him off. "He baught me," she challenges him. "He was only interested because of these-" she gestures to the wings at her back. "And you have spent the last fourteen years of my life reminding me constantly that I am not apart of this family, so don't you dare start with me, Number one."

The silence in the room lingers. Luther glares down at her and she grits her teeth until he moves away.

Five finishes his sandwich, watching with interest at the hostile interactions. He also took note of the way Vanya's arm gently nudged the British womans and how she deflated instantly, softening her gaze.

"So youre my replacement." Five breaks the silence, tilting his head at her curiously.

"You even think of calling me that again and ill drop you from the roof." She smiles blankly at him. Five smirked. They exchanged confident gazes before Florence leant forward, hand outstretched. "Lovely to meet you, im Florence."

"Five."

He shook her hand and eyed her, unable to stop his gaze shifting to the large leathery wings at her back. She ignored it and everyone else stared at the strange interaction, not ever having the belief that Five and Florence would ever get along.

They were both too stubborn, too sarcastic, too similar in odd ways. Within minutes of meeting eachother she'd threatened him and not a second later they happily shook hands. If Five showing up wasnt the most shocking thing that day, then this was a close runner up.