PAGE 45 [SDS]

Chapter 10: House Party
Present

* * *

DONGSUNG

It's the day of the house warming party. Jaehyun was baking more cupcakes. Hweseung was cooking food. Seunghyub and Hun were setting up the place. All of that was already happening when I woke up and got out of my room.

I spent yesterday after college practicing with the band and the night studying. I wasn't sure what time it was when I fell asleep.

“Good morning. Sorry for waking up late.” I said.

“Dongsung-ah, go shower and have some coffee first.” Seunghyub said, “I have something to tell you.”

I rubbed my eyelids. “Okay.” I said, not thinking much about it.

Once I've showered and had some coffee, Seunghyub sat me down in our living room, now filled with black and white balloons. And this wasn't the first time he seemed really serious about something, so I wasn't nervous.

“Dongsung-ah,” He said, smiling a little at the awkwardness. Probably. “You know, we had a bassist before you. I mean, not a stand-in. Someone we've known for a long time. Been with for a long time.”

Of course, I know. They still talk about him sometimes and he's mentioned a lot whenever their group of friends hang out.

“Yeah, of course. Why?”

Seunghyub rubbed the back of his neck. “I invited him over for the house party. I wanna make sure that's okay with you?”

I blinked, thinking about what he said. Did they think it wasn't okay to me? “I mean, of course, it's okay. He's your friend, guys. And he was probably huge part of the band too.”

Seunghyub sighed in relief. “Yeah, yeah. Wow. I don't know why that made me nervous. I was afraid you'd think it wrongly.”

I chuckled. “Why would I?”

Seunghyub seemed to want to say something but then he just shrugged. “Just remember, you're N.Flying. You're our bassist. We won't be complete without you. That won't change no matter whatㅡunless, of course, you ever decide to leave us.”

“Hyung, you're so cheesy!” Hweseung screamed. Jaehyun and Hun laughed. I realized they've all been listening in while they kept busy with their own things.

I smiled. “Thanks, hyung.”

* * *

NARA

“You look cute. Heading over to N.Flying's house warming party?” I asked Areum when I passed by her in the living room, checking herself out. She's wearing a pink wool sweater and gray fitted pants, but it's her makeup that she's probably anxious about.

“Does my makeup look okay? I mean, I've decided to make myself look more like... I don't knowㅡa lady. Do I look too pink?” She asked. I grinned. Called it. “But wait, I haven't told you about the party! How did you know about that?” She asked, whirling towards me.

I raised both of my eyebrows, looking away. I angled the cereal box towards my mouth. I was hungry in the afternoon and we've ran out of snacks so I'm eating cereal as my snack. “I heard from Dongsung.”

Areum immediately smiled, waggling her eyebrows at me.

“Stop.” I said, laughing.