PAGE 65 [CH]

FIVE SEASONS BK. 4
______________________

WINTER
WINTER
______________________

P65 • C8
In the winter cold

HUN

See you next time. Junhee texted that. I tried to hide my smile as Jaehyun and I were gaming in an internet café but he still caught it.

“Yah! This is not the time to look at memes!” He said, clicking aggressively on the keyboard. “I'm gonna report you!” He threatened.

“What makes you think I was looking at memes?” I asked, getting back at the game, unbothered. For the record, I did almost die.

“Then what else are you smiling to? Do you have a girlfriend?”

“No.”

“It's a meme then.”

“Yah, be careful what you say around Younggu hyung from now on. You have a girlfriend. For you and Gaeul's sake, control your mouth.”

“Yah, am I stupid? Go tell that to Hweseung. He's gonna throw us under the bus without meaning to.”

I chuckled. “Well, I'll tell him too but still, be careful. We still don't know the manager that well.”

“GO THAT WAY, YOU IDIOT!” He yelled at me but kept his eyes on the monitor. “Younggu hyung seems nice.” He said later.

“He seems too good to be true.”

“At least you're not the one who has to share a room with Hweseung now. Just be thankful. If I'd known back in kindergarten that this is what rock-paper-scissors would get me into, I'd have avoided it at all costs.”

“Hweseung does snore quite loud.”

“Hweseung hits the notes while he's sleeping too but nasally.”

I giggled. “Yah! Stop making fun of Seunggu!”

“You're the one laughing right now, not meㅡwe lost! This is your fault! I'm not teaming up with you anymore!” Jaehyun took off his headphones, marched off to the cashier and paid for his bill before leaving.

“Yah! Wait for me!” I fished out some money from my pocket and handed them over to the cashier before catching up with Jaehyun.

“Next time, don't look at memes while we're playing. What's wrong with you? You were always so focused!” He was still whining.

“I wasn't looking at memes.”

“Let's go have ramyeon.”

We sat by the window of the convenience store, blowing on our cups.

“How are you and Gaeul?” I asked him.

“We're amazing. Why?”

“Really? Even after all this time?”

“It's only been two years. Why do you talk like it's been a decade?”

I snorted. “Good then. You survived the long distance too. I'm just worried. If you break up, I seriously won't know what to do. Who do I side with? I don't want that kind of awkwardness in my life.”

“You worry too much about everything, Hun-ah. Do you think I don't know? Besides, I think Gaeul and I are able to make it here because we were already friends back then. Ah, I don't know how to explain it. She's just a constant in my life.”

“Okay, stop already. I don't need to hear more.”

Jaehyun grinned. “Also, we like each other a lot. I mean, yeah, loving is one thing but you can love someone you don't like.”