PAGE 24 [KJH]

Chapter 7 | Preview

When Jaehyun and I walked into their house, I was so thankful that Jaekyung wasn't anywhere she could see us. It's not like we're doing something wrong, but I really can't risk getting caught by Jaehyun, if she teased me about him. Even a simple waggling of her eyebrows or her meaningful looks whenever Jaehyun's around made me blush.

I have no intentions to confess to Kim Jaehyun. I will live my life liking him secretly and I will get over him secretly. Though when that is happening, I still don't know. It seems to be taking a long time.

Jaehyun went straight to the kitchen. To my confusion, he took out some milk, honey and vanilla ice cream. “Yah, you said you need to practice, not do a cooking show.” I told him as I sat on the stool behind the counter.

He winked at me. He had the nerve to wink at me. This fool. “I should treat my guest first, of course.” He said.

Guest, my ass. I almost lived here. “Where is your sister?”

Jaehyun put some of the ingredients in the blender and then he took out some strawberries from the fridge. “Don't disturb her. I already told you. She has the monthly visitor, so she's been crying her eyes out watching dramas in her room. She hasn't come out except when she has to accept deliveries.”

“Aish, she must be pigging out again.”

Jaehyun laughed. “How did you know? Her room's probably full of empty pizza boxes and chocolate wraps. Girls are weird.”

I glared at him. “Yah,” I said, tapping the counter's surface with my two fingers. “Let girls be weird and emotional. Just be thankful men aren't the ones who have to bleed every month.”

Jaehyun winced as if the thought of bleeding hurt him. He poured the finished product down a tall glass. I just realized he made milkshake. He grabbed bags of potato chips from one of the cabinets and threw them at me. “Let's go.” He said, bringing the milkshake with him.

“Where?” I asked.

“Where do you think I practice, you dummy?”

I frowned, following him to the basement.

I haven't been to the basement for a long time. It's strange since I've always spent time in this place. The only ones I don't see is their parents’ room and the basement. I've been to Jaehyun's room many times before when we were younger.

Jaehyun turned on the lights and my eyes feasted around. It wasn't fancy. There was an old familiar brown couch which leather's already coming off on some spots, a wooden center table where he put down the milkshake. There's even random clothes hanging here and there.

But the walls have been painted; it was a doodle of many random things, but it made me smile. Every bit of it from the rainbows to the pastel colors used to paint the unicorn, the bunny, the hearts and the blue roseㅡeverything screamed Kim Jaehyun. Like, this artwork is by Kim Jaehyun.

On the other side is a huge penguin in black and white with a huge NF drawn with a lightning bolt sign in between the letters.

The last time I saw this basement, the walls were plain dark red.

Now it's full of musical instruments too, a desk with a laptop on, and huge speakers.

When I looked at Jaehyun again, he seemed to be watching me with a newly found interest. I cleared my throat. “I haven't been here in a long time. How much time did you spend making the mural?”

“I know, but...” He said, taking the bag of chips from me.

“What?”

He grinned. “How did you know I'm the one who painted them?”