PAGE 21 [KJH]

Chapter 4 | good bam

GAEUL

Screw Gayoon. Why did she have to say what she said in the car? And what does she know anyway? More importantly, how did she know when I'm the master of subtlety?

Or so I thought.

Now as we walked into the club where N.Flying was having their gig tonight, Jaekyung hooked her arm around mine. For all I know, she's keeping me close to interrogate me.

"Is there something you want to tell me?" She asked.

There she goes.

I used the loud music as an excuse to be deaf. "What?" I asked.

Just then, Ahyoung came over to us. "Guys, come on at the front. Jaehyun told me he has an opening solo tonight." She said, smiling.

We all followed her through the crowd as the EDM music dissipated, exchanged by the sound of mic testing and tuning.

"Hello, gorgeous people. How are we doing tonight?" Seunghyub asked. He's literally N.Flying's hype man. He's probably the best at talking and being charismatic among all of them. God. With that physic and with that face? He should be.

"Is that Areum?" I asked Jaekyung as soon as I spotted the woman who owns that man's heart among the front row.

"Let's call her." Jaekyung said, shouting through the noise. "Areum-ssi! Come here!"

Areum turned at the sound of her name and smiled as if in relief when she saw us. "Guys! I'm so glad you're here. I thought I'd be alone. My best friend bailed on me the last minute." She said as she approached.

Jaekyung grinned. "Stay with us then."

Hun sampled a little bit of his guitar and then waved at the audience as he was introduced. "That's Cha Hun, our lead guitarist!" Seunghyub said.

Hun found me in the crowd and his stoic face turned into a smiling one before he nodded at my direction.

Among all of them, I could say, Hun was the closest to me. Jaehyun, Hun, and the girls-we have known each other since we were kids. Since Jaehyun was always pining for Ahyoung, it was Hun and I who were usually left behind to hang out. Jaekyung used to be so much closer with Gayoon too.

And when we grew up, Gayoon started staying more by herself and her own colorful world in her head that only she knew about. Thus, growing apart from Jaekyung.

Jaehyun and Hun met Seunghyub, and then formed a band with another guy named Kwangjin. He was the most charming of them all, in a way that's different from Jaehyun, the living sunshine. Kwangjin, the bassist, knocked girls' socks off. Jaekyung used to have a crush on him until he left the band and everyone else in the band wouldn't tell us why.

But before that, they also met Hweseung. And more than Kwangjin did, Hweseung grew closer to me. He's an adorable bean. And I would like to believe he's the most sane one. Not even Cha Hun. That guy couldn't fool me even if he fooled the world of his mysterious image.

So, our circle grew like that. No matter how many people grew apart and left, I believed we're still a circle to grow or to shrink, it wouldn't be broken. A circle would go on and on.

Jaekyung narrowed her eyes at me, leaning in closer to whisper: "You and Hun? Is that it?"

My eyes widened and then I laughed. "What are you talking about?"

She pouted, looking away. Probably still thinking about Gayoon's words.

"Our amazing maknae and vocalist, Yoo Hwe Seung!" Seunghyub announced. Hweseung was probably the second most popular in the band apart from Seunghyub (whom, due to last summer's events with his father, gained so much more popularity). Hweseung has his own YouTube channel where he uploads covers and he'd gone viral once for his amazing talent in singing.