PAGE 71 [CH]

FIVE SEASONS BK.4
__________________________

W I N T E R
W I N T E R
__________________________

P71 • C14
You make me happy

JUNHEE

Gaeul, Hun's best friend, smiled at me. “It's so great to see you again.” She said. Right. We haven't really properly talked because the night they came over, I helped my sister with the restaurant.

“Hi! Thank you for doing this. You must be busy.”

So, why was I meeting Cha Hun's best friend? Well, when I told him that I was in a quick search for a place to stay, he said his friend might know something so he asked if it's okay for me to meet Gaeul alone and of course, I was a little nervous but it's okay.

Gaeul seemed like a nice person. It's just that she looked really cute with her short hair and she had a nice smile too. Somehow, she seemed excited to see me again.

She chuckled, waving her hand. “No, I'm not busy. I'm just waiting for the holidays to kick in so I could have my family back. My mom is coming with his fiancé and my sister. My boyfriend is coming too.” She said the last sentence a bit shyly.

“Jaehyun is your boyfriend, right? I've seen him a few times with Hun stopping by the restaurant before.”

Gaeul nodded. “Yeah, that's him. The cute one.” Her lips curved into a small smirk.

I smiled. “Hun mentioned you two a lot.”

“Is he talking behind our backs again?”

“No, I think he really cares a lot about you both.”

“Are we talking about the same Hun?” She asked jokingly. Gaeul gave me a side-eye look. “Hun doesn't really open up a lot even to us. I mean, he's comfortable but whatever he feels or thinking, he mostly keeps to himself. I know he cares for us because he sticks with us even when he always acts annoyed.”

I chuckled at that.

Gaeul turned around and walked backwards. “What do you think about Hun, Junhee?” She asked me.

The smile on my face faded away. She smiled before turning around and walking forward again beside me.

“I think Cha Hun is really thoughtful.” I said slowly. ”He's interesting. That one.”

Gaeul smile doubled. “It amazes me how much he opens up to you. We've been friends since we were younger and dumber but it's hard to be Hun's go-to.” She said, looking at me. “I'm really happy you two became friends. Hun really loves your restaurant. Had loved it for years, mind you.”

Before I could say anything more, Gaeul stopped by a three-storey building painted in pastel yellow. Even from the outside, anyone could tell it was well taken care of. There were pretty flowers in full bloom despite the weather.

“This is the house. I have a friend from college and this is her family's business. The place is decent and the rent is affordable because they usually cater to college students.” She explained as we walked towards the front door. “I already told her we're coming to see their vacant place. They're nice people so you don't have to worry about that.”

Gaeul turned and pointed at a flower shop across the street. “That's her business. She just opened up after college.”

The door opened, revealing a woman around our age. She immediately hugged Gaeul. “Gaeul-ah! I missed you!”