PAGE 33 [KJH]

Chapter 16 | Anyway

JAEHYUN

“I think I must be meant to get rejected with my confessions. Maybe in my past life, I rejected a lot of people and I'm paying for it now.” I said with a deep sigh as I sat on a dining chair.

Seunghyub hyung was sitting next to me. We were in Cha Hun's house for his mom's birthday. Everyone was around. We're going to play for the guests later too. “Did you confess to Ahyoung again?” He asked.

“No,” I replied lazily.

Seunghyub followed my gaze where Gaeul and Jaekyung noona were feeding each other like they were lovers as they giggled together. I've never wished so bad to be Jaekyung noona.

I heard a dramatic gasp beside me. “Perhaps, a change of heart?” Seunghyub hyung asked in bewilderment.

I frowned without saying a word.

It's been four days since that day and Gaeul has successfully been avoiding talking to me since then.

“This is unbelievable.” Seunghyub hyung said, leaning back on his chair. “But I support it.”

“What? Why?”

He shrugged. “I find it fascinating when two people who argue a lot suddenly fall in love.”

“We're not in love.”

He blinked. “You're not? Or she's not?”

I scratched my head. “She's not! Happy? I'm going to get some air.”

“Yah, we're literally in a garden...”

But I ignored him and left the garden. I was going to Hun's balcony when I found him and Dongsung sitting just outside his room's door with Romang. Cat toys scattered everywhere.

“Ah, best friend turned lovers?” Hun was saying when he looked up at me. “Yah, come here. Dongsung was just talking about this drama he recently watched. It inspired him to write a song.”

I sighed and sat with them.

Dongsung smiled, “No, I'm still writing it. It's a work in progress.”

Hun scooped Romang in his arms. “But Dongsung-ah, the best friend to lovers troop is a little...” He grimaced, not finishing his sentence.

“What? What about it?” I asked.

“Ah, you're not a fan of that troop?” Dongsung asked him.

Hun shook his head. “No offense, Jaehyun. The idea is just so weird to me. Why would you fall in love with your friend? She's your friend. When I spend time with Gaeul, she's like a sister to me. I can't even imagine myself falling for her. It's absurd.”

“Yah, what's wrong with Gaeul?” I asked.

“No, no, it's not that something's wrong with her. I just can't see myself being romantically involved-”

“With anyone.” I continued for him.

Hun glared at me.

Dongsung chuckled before turning to me. “What about you? What do you think about friends turned lovers troop?”

I sighed, staring at Romang. “It's exhausting. Complicated. Sad.” I took out my phone and took a picture of Romang when Dongsung's own phone vibrated loudly.

“Yah, what's the use of putting it on vibrate?” I asked him.

“Oh, it's Gaeul.” He said. “She's asking where we are. She said we should start sound checking.”