PAGE 34 [KJH]

[📢] Long chapter ahead! Grab some snacks. Lol.

Chapter 17 | Autumn dream

6th grade

"Yah! What's that on your skirt? Are you injured?" Hun asked, staring at the back of my skirt.

Our physical education class just finished at that time. I've had stomach ache since morning and my head ached so I skipped joining any exercises today and just sat at the bench, so where would an injury come from?

"Why? What's there?" I asked, trying to catch a look.

"Blood," Jaehyun answered, his sandwich hanging mid air from his mouth. "You look pale too."

"Jang Gaeul, go visit the clinic. What are you doing?" Hun said, putting his food down. He grabbed my arm, gently pulling me to the hallway.

"Wait!" Jaehyun said, taking off his school blazer. "Wrap this around your waist. I have a hunch what this is, so just put this on." He wrapped it around my waist and tied it carefully.

"What is it? What are you, a doctor?" Hun asked him.

Jaehyun frowned. "I don't have to be a doctor to know. I have a sister. Go."

"Do I really have blood on my skirt? What the heck. Let me head to the toilet first." I said, hurrying to the girls' toilet.

I took off Jaehyun's blazer and twisted my skirt around until I have a view of the back, and shrieked in horror. Blood. Too much blood. What the heck is going on? Am I dying?

I heard a knock on the door. "Are you okay?" Someone asked outside.

I swallowed. "Yeah... I'm sorry." I muttered.

I sat on the toilet seat and pushed my panties down to my horror. Yeah, I must be dying. What do I do? I didn't bring extra panties. Why would I bring extra panties?

I had no idea how much time I spent in that cubicle but I didn't want to come out because I saw blood dripped a few times and-

"Jang Gaeul, are you there?" I heard Jaehyun's muffled voice.

My eyes were teary. "Jaehyun-ah, I think I'm going to die. The bleeding won't stop."

"Don't cry. For now, come out. It's okay. I can't go in, so you have to come here. Lunch time is almost over."

I fixed myself and wrapped his blazer around my waist. Jaehyun stared at me once I came out and laughed. "Aigoo, why are you crying? You're not dying, you fool." He said, wiping my tears away with the back of his hands. "I called my sister. Didn't Gayoon noona tell you about this?" He asked, rubbing the back of his neck.

"About what?"

He sighed. "Anyway, here..." He handed me something square after looking around consciously. "I asked the nurse for it. You have to..." He trailed off and sighed again before leaning in to whisper how I'm supposed to use a pad.

I sat on the toilet for a long moment thinking, what the heck, it's menstruation.

* *

8th grade

"Gaeul-ah, don't you have any crush at school?" Gayoon eonni asked me.

Jaekyung eonni laughed, stuffing her mouth with snacks. We were in the living room of my house at that moment after school. "Why are you curious about that, Gayoon?"