are you sure?

"Soooo... word around the streets is you and Sean are having a little date night!" Bailey winked.

"Well, I was the one that told you that an hour ago but yes, that is true." I laughed.

"Eh, not important. Anyway!" Bailey rushed. "Is this date going to be what we are all thinking?" Bailey asked wiggling her shoulders.

"Uhm, who is we?" I panicked.

"Calm down, I only told Tahani and Josh," Bailey reassured.

"Oh," I sighed in relief.

"...And the other Josh. And Julian. And I may have mentioned it to Jade too," Bailey admitted.

"Bailey! What is wrong with you?" I yelled.

"Sorry! Hey at least I only told people that already know you're dating, unlike last time when I told-"

"Everyone who walked by. Yeah, I know." I rolled my eyes.

"Hey, at least I'm getting better right?" Bailey nervously smiled. "Anyway, so again I ask, Is this date going to be what we are all thinking?" Bailey smirked.

"Hmm??" Kaycee said stretching it out for what felt like forever. "I guess that depends on what you're thinking?" She smiled.

"Okay everyone, let's get classes started! Are we ready? Woah! Let's Go!" Jojo Gomez cheered.

I knew what I was doing. I knew exactly what I was doing. She wanted so much more from me but I just wasn't going to give it to her. I have my personal business that I respect, just wish my friends did as much as I did sometimes.

In reality, this "date," of theirs was not actually a date. They only told them that because they knew there was no way they would tell their nosy friends without them questioning how the date was going to go.

••

Three hours later when Kaycee arrived back at her house where Sean was waiting for her.

"Hey, babe." He greeted me.

"Hello," I smiled back. It was a tiredly forced smile that I couldn't help after a three-hour class.

He walked with me upstairs after sitting in the kitchen talking to my mom that was now in her own bedroom.

"Sooo, how was the class." He asked. I could tell it wasn't a genuine question but a polite gesture.

"Eh, not interesting enough to talk about. I just want to get this over with," I sighed. Sean nodded his head understanding. I'm glad he doesn't question me further, I do not have the energy.

I set my bag down on the low shelf under my bench and head towards the bathroom.

Where are you going?" He asks. 

"I just want to take a quick shower before... you know," I say.

You guys are probably reading at home thinking, "What are they talking about? Started with that." I guess started wouldn't be a good word, cause that makes it sound dirty. Well, technically it is dirty but it's not. 

Stepping in the shower was a big relief. Although it was still only the afternoon, it had already been a long day filled with nerves, sweating, and socializing. All I wanted was to stay in the shower with the hot water until my skin basically burned off.

Stepping out of the shower was the hard part. I never want to get out but it would be selfish of me to make sean wait this long. His nerves must be eating him up inside too. I grabbed the towel beside me. My favorite towel. It's yellow and orange with a bunch of symmetrical swirls in blue, green, and purple all around it. Most people would say it's too much decoration for just a plain old towel, but that's exactly why I like it.

I stepped into my favorite comfy shorts and throw an oversized t-shirt over them. My hand grips the door handle and I pull it open to find Sean on my bed staring at the box I told him to open.

"Hey, I said don't open that without me," I whined. I'm too tired to get even remotely angry. Although, that shower did wake me up a bit, but not that much.

"Sorry, I was just looking." I walked over to him and plop down next to him. I sit close, knees touching, legs touching, arms touching. I needed comfort for this.

"Okay, you ready?"He asks, looking over at me. I nod my head in reply and watch as he opens the Taytulla box.

For anyone reading out there, if you didn't know, Taytulla is a brand.  A birth control brand. That might explain why I was so nervous.

The first thing that falls out is the directions. I quickly grab it and read over it.

"Remember you don't have to do this." Sean reminded me.  I brush him off determined to commit. Sean and I  started dating a year ago, but I never considered birth control until recently when Sean and I fell into a routine of... weekly... good times.

As soon as I told my family about our relationship, they had me thinking of it. They never me or anything, but I think it would be a good idea now.

Next to fall is the thing I feared most. Side effects. A list longer than me stretched out in my hands. I didn't want to read it so I gave it over to Sean. Okay maybe it wasn't that I didn't want to read it, it was just that I couldn't bear to.

Reading a list full of things that could kill me, didn't seem like something I wanted to do. I knew I probably should have, but I didn't care. Sean grabbed the list from my hand and immediately knew what it was.

From the corner of my eye, I saw him glance at me. I looked over at him to see him skimming it over. "Are you sure that you want to be doing this? You don't even seem comfortable with this. Are you sure your family is just forcing you to do this?" He questioned me.

I replied, "No, it's fine. I promise this is my decision. I want to be doing this. Pls, I bet those side effects only happen to like 3% of people. I'm healthy and will be fine."

"Okay, If you say so." Sean sighed. "Thank you."

He pulled me in for a hug. Something I really needed at the moment. I was just overly stressed and needed comfort. He always knew what to do.

••

After that, Sean would give me random hugs. Throughout the day he would just come up and hug me.

I would be doing the dished, kiss on the forehead. I'm watching  Netflix on my laptop, hug from behind. Folding laundry, shoulder massage. Anything to know that I was loved. Anything. Birth control can put you in a very depressive place, and he just wanted to avoid that in all ways possible.

And when I saw I needed it, I needed it. It pulled me from going into a bad place. My family never knew anything but sometimes I did feel a little more down than usual. Sean told me if that ever happened, I could always come to him. And he stuck by that promise.

At night when I stayed up wondering what side effects were possible to happen, he never got mad when I woke him up at  2 am to talk about it.

Anytime I felt left out because of the things I couldn't do like other teenagers at parties like drink or smoke, he always took me out on a super fun date to make me feel that I didn't miss out. Plus he would stay out away from it too so I didn't feel alone.

He would just do anything to cheer me up. I loved him so much for it. More than anyone could ever know.

I know that getting on birth control is probably not this dramatic, like at ALL but whatever. It's called a story for a reason though lol. Okay, this was a short chapter again. I'm sorry my chapters are getting so short but I try my best to get content out there even if it's short. There was a point where each one-shot would be 3,000 words, and I'm trying to get back to that. I am also going to try to upload more frequently but we'll see. School is getting harder and harder. Anyway, that's it so... Hope you enjoyed this. Make sure to comment on your favorite parts, vote for this one-shot, and follow me for updates. Also if you have any story ideas you would like me to write, feel free to comment on my story ideas chapter. Have a great day/night and I'll see you next time!