nightmares

When you think of nightmares, you're mind automatically goes to demons, and spiders, and scary things. Not Kaycee's. Kaycee didn't often have nightmares but when she did, they were odd and uncomfortable rather than scary.

Sean was sleeping over at Kaycee's apartment for the third time this week. It was a hot day and Kaycee's A.C wasn't fully working. Although they were sleeping in the same bed, they were as far apart as possible which made it very uncomfortable. It was almost 1 am before Sean finally admitted his thoughts. "Why don't we just go to my apartment." Sean whined. "The AC is working just fine over there."

"Because I don't feel like getting dressed again to go over there." Kaycee explained. "You can just go in that. It's just shorts and a sports bra. Put on a hoodie."

Kaycee was deciding whether she would listen to him or not. She knew it  iwould be better sleeping there anyways because it wouldn't be hot and she wouldn't wake up sweaty. She rolled her eyes finally giving in. "Ugh fine." "Wait really?" Sean questioned. "Yes, now let's go before I change my mind." Kaycee snapped. Sean hopped out the bed and had to drag her out so she could get her stuff.

Once they arrived at his house Kaycee immediately flopped down on his bed and took her hoodie back off. She didn't even wait for Sean to come upstairs before crawling under the sheets.

When Sean got upstairs to see Kaycee already drifting off, he could see how tired she was. That also explained why she didn't want to leave her apartment. She was too tired to go all the way there but she did anyways. After around five limited of putting his stuff away, Sean snuggled up next to Kaycee where she was already sleeping.

The couple fell asleep peacefully side by side like almost every night. Until Kaycee started having a nightmare. She was being choked by Tati in front of everyone. They have been fighting for a couple of minutes but Tati pinned her down on the floor with her hands wrapped around her neck. Kaycee definitely wasn't a quitter though. No matter what, she was not tapping out. She refused, even if that meant blacking out, which she did. The black out eventually turned into her waking up actually feeling like she was being choked in real life. Kaycee didn't feel good. Although she knew it was a only a dream, something about it made her feel like it was almost real, unlike her part nightmares.

She didn't know what to do but pull Sean's arm waking him up. Finally when he did wake up, her saw the slightly worried look on her face right away. A look that not many people could recognize but he could see from a mile away. "What's wrong baby?" He asked with a scratchy voice. She wanted comfort but didn't want to admit to what happened, thinking it sounded stupid or childish. "Nightmares." She admitted.

He automatically nodded his head and extended his arm hinting for her to scoot in. And she did just that. She slowly pushed herself over closer to him as he wrapped his second arm around her making her feel safe. Unlike her past boyfriends, Sean didn't make her feel stupid for having nightmares, instead he immediately went into action to comforting her.

The little things like they Sean did for her like that were appreciated more than he would think. They are normal things of him just being a gentlemen like he always is, but they were special to her.

"Love you." Sean whispered as he rested his chin on the top of her head. "Yeah I know." She responded. He both let out a quiet laugh. "Welp, I guess you won't mind if I-" he moved his arm and pushed back letting Kaycee go. "No no no wait! I love you too." She said trying to grab him and pull him back.  He giggled while going back into the same position they were in. "I'm starting to think you only date me for my cuddles." He joked. "You said it not me." She shrugged.

I think these one shots are a little too short sometimes, is it just me? Let me know in the comments!