Sleepovers

Switching it up for a change, trying something new. Writing a whole one-shot in the first person.

My family is finally letting me stay home for a week by myself. They are apart of this country club thing but it's for 18 and up. Since I'm only 16 I've never gotten to go inside but I always had to travel with them and stay at the hotel the whole time or stay with my Grandma. Once a year during spring break, they would head to Nevada, go party, or whatever they do, and I'd just be stuck, bored on my phone all day.

It used to be me and Kylie but she turned 18 so I'm by myself. But this year, that's different. This year they're letting me stay home while they go. They totally trust me. My whole life I haven't gotten grounded once. They have no reason to not trust me really. Well except for one reason.

I have a boyfriend. Yup, me Kaycee Caitlin Rice has a boyfriend. Shocking I know. If you ask anyone who knows me to say the first word to come to mind when they think of me, it would be innocent.

I mean I'm pretty popular in school but that's only because I'm friends with Tahani Anderson and Bailey Sok. If somehow they had to transfer to another school, I wouldn't continue to be popular or like step in their place or anything.

They're completely boy crazy. Well, at least they were until they got boyfriends. Ken San Jose and Josh Price. I've never been the person to be into dating or has a crush on a guy. Now that I think of it, I don't really know why I'm friends with them. Of course, I love them but I'm like complete opposites from them.

We became friends in middle school when I moved here. They were like the only ones who were nice to me. It was 8th grade when bodies started developing and teenagers got all these hormones when they started ruling over the school. I kind of just went with it. I didn't care about boys or anything.

Surprisingly, although they might seem snobby and stuck up because they are popular, they never changed with me. They are my best friends and it stayed that way all throughout middle school and now in high school.

We talk about the same stuff, watch the same shows, and obsess over the same celebs. I just had trouble keeping up with boys like they did. They sort of gave up on me having a boyfriend after I showed no interest whatsoever. They excepted it and moved onto what movie we should watch. I appreciate them for that, not pushing me to crush over people.

Anyway, all that to say, I can't tell them about my boyfriend. If you're wondering by the way my boyfriend is Sean lew. It would be too much to handle. Ok so now onto my boyfriend.

I'm a junior in high school and so is he. He moved here last year and became pretty popular himself. Somehow the first guy he happened to talk to on his first day was Bailey. He asked her for directions to a class that I happened to be in. So was Tahani's boyfriend Josh. I guess Sean and Josh hit it off and he became a part-time member of our "group."

Now onto how we started dating. This year we had three classes together and one of them he was struggling in. I am also a star student by the way. I offered him help since we were kind of friends... I guess. I mean we never talked really, but we were in the same friend group.

So I helped him under one condition: don't tell anyone. Now here's why: I knew Tahani and Bailey would go crazy over the fact that I'm helping him. But it wasn't like that, well now it is. Anyway, it was kind of a stereotype the way we ended updating. I helped him, he got an A. He thanked me by taking me on a date, we admitted our feeling for each other and here we are now.

We've been dating for two months and nobody knows. Although he tells me that it doesn't bother him, I can tell he wants people to know. I feel bad that I made him promise not to tell anyone. He really is great don't get me wrong but... But I. Well actually I don't know why I want him to keep it a secret.