Love Is Too Complicated

Sorry folks, but this is a short one. :(

It's just better this way, as friends. Sean and Kaycee never really had a crush on each other. The 16 and 17-year-old best friends never felt that attraction of love towards each other like some other people their age. They mostly just found each other good looking, nothing more. They went to the same school in Los Angelos. They've been friends since middle school and everyone thought they'd end up together. People are still waiting by the way. And they'll be waiting for a long while.

It's a normal day at school for them. Sean drives them there, they take their morning classes, eat lunch, then take their evening classes. It wasn't anything out of the ordinary for them. Well, except they found out they had a quiz in Chem. Neither of them really did good in that subject. They had a benefit though, the same teacher. In almost all of their classes, they had the same teachers, just in different class periods.

By the end of the day, Sean and Kaycee agreed they would have to study together. They ended up deciding on Sean's house since nobody was home. When getting there, Sean made lunch for the both of them. After eating they went upstairs to get some work done.

"Okay so first we can start by doing the first page of the study guide and comparing answers," Kaycee suggested. "Okay, that's  fine with me." Sean complied. There was a long silence, they worked went over notes, and wrote down answers.

Nothing happened, nothing went wrong, it was a comfortable space between the two of them. Except for one thought that kept running through Sean's mind. What would happen if the rumors were true?

They aren't very popular at their school, but one reason almost everyone knows them is that they were the 'best friends' that refuse to get together. People had been making bets on how long they were going to last as just friends since their freshman year. They've obviously lost those bets because Sean and Kaycee never gave in.

There wasn't anything to give into to be quite honest. They were seriously good with being just friends. But he still wondered. Ignore it, Sean is what he tried to tell himself over and over, but he couldn't stop thinking about it.

"Hey, Kayc?" Sean blurted out without even looking at her. "Yeah," She answered looking up at him. He could only look over at her for a second before crashing his lips into hers. What was he thinking? He can't just kiss her like that... or can he?

She sunk into it immediately closing her eyes and radiating the same energy as him. Her heartbeat irrationally as his soft lips connected with hers. She almost enjoyed it, and until she realized what she was doing and who she was doing it with. She couldn't help but pull back and gain some sense back.

"Uhm- what? Why? W-" She stuttered. Her heart was still beating tremendously fast and couldn't form a full sentence. On the other hand, Sean was completely fine and acted as he's done this with plenty of girls. And for what it's worth, her being his best friend, she knows he hasn't. "I don't know, guess I've just wondered what it would be like." He shrugged.

"Oh," Kaycee said. "Well, do you like... like me?" "Ha, Nah." Sean chuckled. After a few seconds of quiet, he questioned, "Do you like me?" "Nah," she shrugged. "But you're right, it would be fun to know what it's like to finally give in to the stereotype." He nodded his head along, agreeing with her statement. They looked at each other for a while. Both contemplating whether what they are about to do next is a good choice.

Welp too late now, their lips have been reconnected and their hands have wandered places that definitely can't be PG. Sean picked her up off the floor and brought her to his bed when they collapsed into each other. Kaycee pulled at his shirt, basically ripping it off with him. But he can't blame her, her shirt has been off since they were still kissing on the floor. he pulled her pants down as long as his and he could already feel her heat waiting for him. It's about time we do this.

Phew, that was a lot. A coat of sweat has now been lathered on their skin. A whole ten minutes, they weren't virgins. But they were still fairly new to this. Sean and Kaycee lied under his bed sheets with no clothes on beside each other.

"Wow," Kaycee huffed. "I know right," Sean said. "We should honestly do that more often," She pointed out. "I know right!" He laughed. They laid beside each other laughing at what just happened. Any normal people would probably run out of the room or regret it almost immediately after. But they definitely aren't normal people.

"So, just to be clear, we're still just friends right?" Sean asked looking over at her. "The best of friends," She grinned, looking back at him. "With benefits." She added on with a small chuckle. Sean held out his hand for a fist bump and she went with the gesture. They smiled at each other and looked back up at the ceiling, still not moving.

"Wait, did you hear that?" Sean asked. "Hear what?" Kaycee responded. "Oh, maybe it's just my imagination but I think I just heard a door open," Sean warned. "Woah, but I thought you said we'd be here alone until-" "Hey guys- OH!" Miya cut off. Their heads both snapped over to Sean's now open door with his mom standing there covering her hands with her hand.

"Sean!" She yelled, still keeping her sight blocked from the two. "Mom, it's not what it looks like I promise!" He pleaded. Miya fled out of the room and Kaycee ran to get her clothes back on. Sean followed after her.

"Kayc, calm down," Sean sighed. She was too busy pulling her pants on to listen to him. "No Sean I can't just calm down. That's so embarrassing. She'll never think of me the same." Kaycee complained. "Ugh, why did I wear skinny jeans today? They were sure easier to get on than to get on." Kaycee whispered to herself. Sean laughed at her comment although it was not meant for him. She looked up and glared at him until he stopped, then continued to tug at the stiff material.

She pulled, and tugged, and tugged, and pulled, and jumped until she fell over. Right on her butt. She decided to just stay there and stare at the ceiling in humiliation. Sean walked over to her until he was in her eyesight, "Need help there?" She chuckled. "This isn't funny Sean." She snapped and got up by herself. She lifted her pants up the rest of the way and grabbed her stuff to walk out of the room.

Before she could make it all the way out of his room, he grabbed her wrist to stop her. "Okay okay, I'm sorry. You're right, this isn't funny. But I'm just trying to make fun out of a really awkward situation. And believe me, my mom's cool with this stuff, she walked in on my sisters more than you would believe when they still lived here." Sean comforted.

Kaycee smiled and nodded and ran downstairs. Sean followed her downstairs as she walked through the living room into the kitchen, where Miya sat. Kaycee smiled at her and basically ran out the door. She had enough of being in that house for the day.

"It's about time." his mom laughed at Sean after seeing him enter the kitchen. Sean just rolled his eyes and went back upstairs.

. Make sure to vote for this one-shot, comment on your favorite parts, and follow me for updates! Also if you ever have a story idea feel free to head over to my chapter for that specifically and comment your idea! Have a great day/ night! See you next time :)