unwanted pair

Kaycee stumbled through the school as people pushed past her. It was her first day at a new school. Entering a new school across the country from where you formally lived as a sophomore, wasn't every girl's dream. Heck, it's probably every girl's nightmare.

While reaching down to pick up a book that fell, her head bumped into a pair of legs. She stood up and apologized. She was faced with a taller guy with a football jersey over a white long-sleeved shirt.

"Ha, new chick over here." Said the jock motioning over his friends. He was black with long dreads. "No problem, you need help or something? You look lost." She shook her head still making eye contact with the floor.

She didn't feel like looking up because she was embarrassed enough, and him being able to see her face might mean he could remember him. And although she doubted that, she didn't want to be remembered for this by anyone. "N- no thanks." She mumbled.

Someone grabbed a paper from under her binder which finally made her lookup. "Here is this your schedule?" A voice said. "Hey, who said you could take that!" She exclaimed. She made eye contact with the boy. Asian, dimples, medium cut black hair.

"Sweet baby Jesus." She whispered to herself so nobody could hear, or at least she thought until he replied with, "What was that?" He had a smirk on his face that gave away that he heard what she said. "Nothing," She blurted out. "Can I have my schedule back? This is a big school and if I want to make it to class on time I need to find this class and who knows how long that might take." He smiled and gave her, her paper, back.

"We have the same class next period, I can walk you." She may have let a slight blush show on her cheeks. "Uhm, thanks." She grinned. She did it really want to be seen with this boy any longer than she had to. Her plan was to keep a super low profile, causing attention to healed could also cause damage. But she didn't feel like talking anymore and they didn't necessarily need to if they would be walking.

After about three more minutes of an awkward walk. By the time they were done with that little encounter in the hallway earlier, the rest of the students basically cleared. Now it was just them and a few other students who seemed to be skipping.

They ended up being late anyway because he is considered 'cool' which means he doesn't have the ability to walk fast. It bothered her very, very much, but she didn't really have any other choice. She couldn't find the class and nobody else was in the hallway that looked approachable. Plus she didn't want to be rude.

When they finally reached a door with the number 209 on the front, he smiled and said, "Here we are. Oh, and it's Sean by the way." She nodded, mumbled a quick "My name is Kaycee, and thanks", and rushed into the classroom. Mr. Miller, their teacher, snapped his head towards the door. "Excuse me miss, you're late. So why do you think it's okay to enter my classroom so abruptly?" He barked.

"I'm sorry. I'm new and I got lost along the way and-" She was interrupted by the boy saying, "It's actually my fault, Mr.M. I told her I could walk with her but I took too long." The girls in the class melted over this. "Aw, he's such a gentleman." She heard a girl whisper to her friend. Kaycee internally rolled her eyes at that.

Gentleman? All he did was walk me to a class we were both going to anyway but ended up making me late. "Yeah yeah, sit down. And it's Mr.Miller to you." The teacher grudged. There were two empty seats in the back right next to each other. She looked over at him, but he was already making his way towards one of them.

She followed and sat down next to him behind a girl with tan skin and long brown hair. She turned around to Sean and whispered, "Sorry you had to take the blame for that." Wow, right in front of me? That's like a freaking slap in the face.