♡6♡

"Just a heads up, my bosses are also my only close friends." Jisoo informed Jennie which delighted the brunette because Jisoo was attempting to open up to her.

Jisoo introduced her to Lisa and Rosé, her superiors in this place. The raven works at a little diner. She is the only kitchen staff here, there are two waitresses and the two owners who occasionally help both in the kitchen and service for customers.

"Can you repeat that please?" Lisa requested of Jisoo. Apparently she didn't hear her well.

Lisa was a slender Thai woman with smooth long black hair, bangs graced her forehead. Beside her was her wife and co-owner Rosé. Rosé is a blonde whose expression seems very gentle. Her Australian accent is audible and distinctive.

They were a bit startled to see a woman with Jisoo. Jennie tried to be polite and bowed as Jisoo introduced her.

"I said, this is Jennie my wife. She wanted to meet my friends. And that would be you two." Jisoo repeated slowly.

While Rosé still processed the revelation Lisa's mouth flew open.

"Wife..." Lisa echoed. "Wife!?"

"Yes." Jisoo confirmed with a nod of her head.

"Wife!?" Lisa squeaked out once more.

"We have already established that." Jisoo deadpanned.

"It's an honour to meet my darling's friends." Jennie decided to step up and offer them a small smile.

Rosé finally managed to find her voice, yet the only tone that left her lips was a gasp.

"Darling!?" Lisa repeated.

"Are you done being surprised? You are making her uncomfortable." Jisoo referred to Jennie who was indeed a bit nervous with those repeated questions.

"Sorry..." Lisa lifted her jaw figuratively from the floor.

"Nice to meet you Jennie..." Rosé tried to reduce the lingering shock in her voice and greeted back.

A little chat followed the introduction which was mostly awkward. They apparently couldn't believe Jisoo got married. Jennie wasn't sure why and decided to shrug it off.

Jisoo proceed to go to her workplace, telling Jennie to follow her. Jennie hasn't expected Jisoo to work in the kitchen but if that means her wife can cook, that's definitely attractive in her eyes.

You would think Jennie can cook and clean considering her parents wanted her to be a proper wife but no.

That's not the type of wife Jennie was supposed to be. It wasn't a housewife but thinking about it thoroughly it wasn't a trophy wife either. It was something similar though. Maybe like a super skilled assistant that appears great in public and boosts her partners reputation as well as her parents'? She thinks that's accurate enough.

Point is, she can't cook nor clean but she learns quickly, very quickly.

"Do you want me to get a job?"

Jennie asked Jisoo because her response would affect her decisions on what to do next with her life. Another reason was, she didn't want Jisoo to overwork herself to pay the rent and buy necessities.

"I guess it wouldn't be unwise? You know, in case you would have to provide for yourse--"

"Jisoo can I speak to you shortly?" Lisa called Jisoo out of the kitchen, her voice urgent, no room for refusal.

"I don't want to leave Jennie by herself." Jisoo tried to reason at least.

"I will keep her company." Rosé joined. "And take your place until your are done conversing."