♡14♡

"You are coming with me?"

"You met Ningning, it's only fair that I face your father." Jennie nodded her head, putting her hair into a bun and applying chapstick on her lips.

"It doesn't have to be fair." Jisoo stood next to her wife who was inspecting herself with the mirror in the bathroom.

"I want it to be. Mutual effort is required in a relationship." She smacked her lips together and puckered them up to see if they were looking fine.

Therefore Jisoo sighed and gave in, deciding to take Jennie with her. It's not like she could forbid Jennie from going out and tie on the be-- Yeah she definitely couldn't do that.

"Where are we meeting him anyway?"

Jennie went out holding hands with Jisoo while reluctantly changing her choice of clothes. Jisoo insisted on her wearing sunglasses as well as a black tracksuit, paired with sneakers.

Apparently Ningning advised them to keep lowkey until she gives them the signal that their parents stopped hiring investigators to trace Jennie whereabouts. Which was their plan from the very beginning but with her confirming that they are under surveillance the seriousness grows.

"He is at a hotel in Itaewon."

"Fancy."

"Yeah, you might just fit in."

"Maybe if I was wearing something else."

Jennie flailed her arms around, the oversized tracksuit being like baggage.

"You can make anything look expensive." Jisoo winked over her shoulder.

"Are you flirting with me?" Jennie fake gasped.

"Figured it's about time." Jisoo looked at the bus that finally arrived. She didn't specify to what her words were directed to but Jennie could fill in the blanks.

She is getting more comfortable.

Jisoo was the first one to move forward, pulling Jennie along as their clasped hands swang slowly in the air. The seats weren't that occupied so they sat down beside each other. Pretty much at the back where they had their privacy and wouldn't get stoned for showing affection to each other.

"It's a bit late to ask but are you sure you don't want a cab?"

Jennie shook her head at the question Jisoo asked her for the third time. "I might have never used local traffic but I do not shy away from it. A cab is not necessary. Plus it's much more expensive." She turned her face and leaned her head on Jisoo's shoulder.

"It is much more expensive but it's not too expensive. We could afford it." Jisoo unclasped their hands, making Jennie whine before she draped it around the other's torso and removing her pout as result.

"Yes but we should save where we can so we can use the savings elsewhere. You know, I was reading through discounts and there is a foreign food market in Itaewon that has a discount on vegetables. We should visit it."

Jisoo was listening while Jennie spoke softly against her shoulder. "Wow, you are getting the hang of this having your own household thing." She chuckled.

"Right? I also did the laundry before we left."

Jennie pressed her cheeks against the other like she was nuzzling and that made Jisoo's heart flip, urging her to hold her tighter as well. That was apparently the correct response because Jennie relaxed into her side.

"I didn't notice. Remind me to praise you when we are back home." Jisoo said playfully but in no way jokingly. She intends to compliment her whenever, small or big achievements.

"And reward me?" Jennie pouted.

"Sure. How?"

Jennie's lip into a big smile. "You are leaving that decision to me?" She almost sounded mischievous, making Jisoo want to retract her statement but she couldn't if that meant her smile would even decrease by a tiny bit.

"I guess I am." Jisoo nodded her head, yes. "So what do you want? Come on, don't be a tease, tell me." She inquired, tapping her fingers on her sides rhythmically.

"I will tell you when we are home. It's not something you can give me here." Jennie buried her head in Jisoo's shoulder and wrapped her arms around her, seemingly refusing to part now.

At least that's what Jisoo thought but after a few minutes Jennie seemed to feel unwell. After worriedly asking her what was wrong, Jennie informed her that she has a tiny bit motion sickness so the elder doesn't have to be concerned about her. This is a normal thing to her.

"I wish you had told me, I would have gotten you some pills or whatever would help from the pharmacy." Jisoo frowned.

"Just...hug me." Jennie muffled, her voice low and shaky. Her body was trembling in Jisoo's arms. "That's help enough...."

"You will not get your way out of this by being cute." Jisoo pinched her soft nose, earning a tiny whine and frown. "But since you feel sick, I will look aside it for now. But next time, I don't want you to keep something like that to yourself. Your troubles are my troubles."

Jennie giggled between a pained expression before she continued whimpering. "I'd show appreciation if my stomach wasn't killing me..."

"You don't need to." Jisoo caressed her back. "Just take note of my words and don't forget."

Her care was vividly noted in Jennie's mind.

*****

Jisoo has described her father as tall but lanky. Dark expression but easygoing personality. Just a heads up so Jennie won't be worried about him strangling her. She was fidgety next to Jisoo as they came to a halt and exited the bus.

"Why so jumpy?" Jisoo giggled lightly as the younger was on overdrive. The repeated tug on her sleeves and pleading for a wardrobe change was the response she received.

Jisoo didn't see the need until they got near the street of the hotel. They look too sketchy to be granted access to that place, that was a given.

"Okay fine. You won."

"Thank you!"

So Jennie dragged Jisoo to the nearest shop and dragged her to every corner for fashionable clothes. Since Jisoo has two jobs and Jennie is working too, they allowed themselves to take a bit fancier clothes than they have stored in their wardrobe.

The brunette definitely had her fun, not only dressing herself up but Jisoo as well. Whereas Jisoo was forcing her body to follow Jennie after sighing a thousand times in between.

Two hours and a discussion between Jennie and the clerk later - about how one of the clothes were described as charcoal black when Jennie was convinced they were obsidian black - and the two made their purchase.

Jisoo actually snapped out of her dozing when Jennie told her she has decided on their clothes. She immediately jumped up and ran to the cashier to pay, so Jennie doesn't change her mind again.

"This looks amazing on you." Jennie gushed, zipping up the white belted dress for her wife.

"Thanks, yours looks good too. The charco-- obsidian black blazer really emphasises your eyes."

"My eyes?"

Jisoo nodded, yes. "They are really really pretty. You are in general but seeing you dressed like this, gives me a taste of what seems to be your natural habitat."

Jennie's cheeks dusted to a faint pink as she referred to her as pretty. She bobbed her head and held her arm up to lock it with Jisoo's. Finally they stepped into the high class hotel. Their high heels clicked against the marble floor as they moved to the registry.

They didn't just fit in, their joint visuals seemed to astound. A few gazes were turned towards them, they responded with a polite smile and a slight bow, the gesture was returned by the spectators.

Now they just need to earn a similar reaction from Jisoo's father and all is well.