♡8♡

"Lisa, Chaeng." Jisoo went to them during a break. "Please help me. I want to buy a ring for Jennie."

Rosé's face lit up, she pushed Lisa aside and walked straight up to the cook. "A ring!? What type!? Gold? Silver? A diamond? How many carat??"

"Well..." Jisoo stepped back. "I was hoping you could suggest one?" She fumbled with her fingers nervously.

She bought an engagement ring before but that one was given back to her so she kind of thinks it's bad omen if she buys one herself again.

"I think you should consult with your wife." Rosé advised. "She might be allergic to a metal or any substance. Do you even know her ring size?"

Jisoo mentally slapped herself. She knew none of that. Taking Jennie with her to the jewelry is unavoidable then. She intended to surprise her but maybe Jennie will like accompanying her too. After all she said she is bored home alone.

"A ring?" Jennie whipped her head towards Jisoo. "You want to buy a ring?"

"Yes. Wedding rings for the two of us." Jisoo explained, her face heating up in embarrassment.

"That's a great idea!" Jennie smiled brightly. "Where do we get them?"

Thus Jisoo took Jennie on a small trip to the inner city. They visited various jewelers and Jisoo was negatively surprised with the high prices. That settles it. She needs a second job and she will search for one first thing tomorrow morning.

"I love this one darling." Jennie pointed to a platinum wedding ring with about 13 round little diamonds.

Jisoo watched the price with a pained expression but eventually informed the worker that they were getting two of those. If it was only one it wouldn't be such a big problem as two at once. They are worth four months of her paycheck if she buys nothing with it.

"Would you excuse me for a moment? I need to use the restroom." Jisoo told Jennie and locked herself up in the fancy stall.

She also planned to rent a wedding venue which will be even more expensive. Does she have to call her mom and ask for help? She absolutely does not want to do that. Her mom will be horrified Jisoo marrying someone she did not pick out for her and will probably try to tear them apart like she successfully did with her past relationships.

But offering Jennie money wouldn't really work would it? Jennie came from a wealthy family she would be unfazed by what she could offer her... At least Jisoo likes to believe it would be different with Jennie. Jennie won't betray her.

So Jisoo swallowed her pride and instead of her mother, she called her father. She pleaded with him to give her the money for the rings, not telling him what it was for. Or rather saying it was for her rent. Her father accepted but in return he wanted to know where she is. He demanded to meet up. Jisoo kept a low profile all this while in order for her parents to stop meddling with her life. But if she can make Jennie happy with those shiny rings, she would meet up with him at the risk of being discovered by her controlling mother.

"Honey." Jisoo returned, the rings were already prepared for them and Jisoo paid with her card. "Do you like it?"

"Love them!" Jennie grinned and grabbed Jisoo's hand, letting their ring finger touch and the platinum click. It made the blood rush to Jisoo's head and made it all worth it because Jennie was happy with it.

"That's good." Jisoo returned the smile and led her out, their hands were still clasped, none of them pulled away.

"Our fingers fit perfectly." Jennie noted, causing Jisoo to look at their clasped hands. They did fit perfectly, they filled the gaps of the other completely and at all the right places.

"They do." Jisoo agreed, eliciting another smile from Jennie.

"Will you wear the ring at work?" Jennie inquired.

"Do you want me to?" Jisoo cocked her head.

"I want you to." Jennie nodded, a small pout on her lips.

"Then I will." Jisoo told her, a reassuring smile given to diminish the pleading expression of the other.

"I'll look at it when I'm lonely." Jennie informed her casually as they walked home. She swang their arms ever so often while humming a melody.

A slight breeze brushed on their faces and made them tighten their hold. The touch was sending warmth to each other through the relatively cold weather.

"A wedding venue and a honeymoon." Jisoo spoke up and broke the silence. "We will have those too. I need to save up on them though. Can you wait?"

"Of course I will wait." Jennie nodded vigorously. "I'm going nowhere, darling." She let the metal on their fingers touch again to show her what she means. "This is a sign for our faithfulness. Take your time."

"And you won't be saddened it takes too long?" Jisoo wanted to know.

"Nope. Since we rushed everything else, isn't good to take our time from now on? By the time you booked the venue and honeymoon, I'm sure I will be head over heels for you. And what's better than having those things when in love?"

Jennie had a point, Jisoo must admit. She will not call her parents to speed up the financial coverage for their wedding. She will take her time earning it herself.

"I feel a storm coming." Jennie looked upwards and broke Jisoo free from her train of thoughts. "We should hurry home."

Jisoo squeezed Jennie's hand and gave her a nod. Jennie's small hand, it felt so delicate, so soft and warm. Jisoo could get used to holding it. She will make sure to hold her tenderly and with the silent promise to take care of her. She is safe in her hands.