♡25♡

"Are we done yet?"

"Yes that was the last appointment."

It's been a week since Jisoo took over all the jobs along with Ningning who did the organisation for the wedding. By now Jennie felt much better and decided to join them.

"It's tomorrow already?" Jennie tugged on Jisoo's arm and walked with her through their private garden.

"Do I sense excitement in your voice?" Jisoo raised a brow at her as she looked over her shoulder. "I thought you didn't want to please them..."

"You are mistaken." Jennie interlaced their fingers and adjusted to the other's pace.

"How so?" Jisoo asked.

"Well," Jennie took a halt and called the pets that were running around in the garden over. Two dogs and one cat. "Do you know what's different between how cats and dogs act around their owners?"

"I could think of a couple of things, but I'm sure you are insinuating something specific." She commented while Jennie bent down and caressed the Pomeranian's fur. The other dog also rushed to her and squeezed his head between her hands.

"Dogs are loyal, wear their hearts on their sleeves, and what's striking to me: They try to please you." Jennie claimed while continuing to pet the dogs. She then called for the cat but it didn't respond, so Jennie extended her arm and reached for the cat gently until she leaned in to the touch. "While cats allow you to please them."

"I think I get what you mean." Jisoo commented with a silly smile on her face while she also reached out her hand to pat Jennie's head.

Jennie tilted her head for an eye lock, catching her playful expression. The brunette responded with a mirthful laugh as she placed her hand on top of Jisoo's and straightened up, their hands yet again glued together.

They walked back to the main hall and looked at the magazines because apparently their parents also decided where they should live and it's a grand house near the company.

"Jisoo sweetheart, after the wedding you should visit our business partners in their homes. They have been asking me about your absence, and all those lies I had to make up are quite embarrassing." Sandara informed her over tea and cookies.

"Sweetheart?" She called once more but Jisoo seemed to be distracted.

Jisoo was busy pouring milk into Jennie's cup while Jennie picked out chocolate chip cookies for Jisoo.

Sandara rolled her eyes. Not even she was acting this way with her husband.

She had no use for Jennie anymore since Jiyong gambled all their money away. That's why this sight didn't please her at all. She had to turn it around so she is still the one who has the most influence over her daughter. Not her asset of a wife.

"Darling your mother asked you a question." Jennie nudged Jisoo after Sandara called for the third time.

"Hm, you were saying something mother?" Jisoo finally registered her presence.

Sandara managed to restrain herself from glaring at Jennie and scolding Jisoo. If she was to do that, she would let them know she was losing the upper hand gradually. So she stayed sickeningly polite and repeated her request.

"Can't do." Jisoo responded. "We are going on a honeymoon after the public wedding." She informed her mother nonchalantly.

"A honeymoon? That's a waste of time." Sandara scoffed.

"It's not. It's going to be fun." She looked at Jennie and smiled. "Right?"

"Yep. We will make precious memories together." Jennie returned the smile as Jisoo placed her hand on the other's thigh.