♡24♡

"You will have to sign here and there." Ningning said as she showed them the invitation cards.

"We have to sign all of them? Can't we just make copies?" Jisoo crossed her arms, not seeing the point of signing this pile of cards.

"Father said that's a sign of laziness. You shouldn't take any shortcuts." Ningning explained calmly.

"I don't want to." Jisoo frowned and looked at the woman beside her. "What do you say?"

"I don't mind either way." Jennie shrugged her shoulders. "You could copy them and he wouldn't notice."

"So it's settled." Jisoo smiled scribbled their names on the paper, putting it straight into the photocopier.

"I don't think this is a good idea." Ningning butted in, giving her sister a concerned look. "The quality of the papers will be reduced. He's bound to notice."

"Maybe." Jennie nodded at her over her shoulder.

"You don't care? He's going to be displeased."

"Even if he is, it doesn't matter. There are some people who will never be pleased, no matter what you do." Jennie told her.

This new indifferent side of hers must have surprised her sister as she stared at her with disbelief written all over her face.

"Anything else in our schedule?" Jisoo asked Ningning after she pressed a button and set it on a hundred copies. The machine buzzed in response and began working on it.

"Cake tasting in half an hour," Ningning took her phone out and read out loud. "Dance rehearsal in two hours, flower arrangement-"

"Okay let me stop you right there and rephrase myself." Jisoo cut in. "When will our schedule be over with?"

"There is a week of more preparations before the wedding. We have a tight schedule here." She answered.

"Ah sounds like a pain." Jisoo sighed, sitting back on the sofa and leaning her pouting face on Jennie's shoulder. "I might have more energy if I get a kiss?" She tried with a small smile.

"And that's my cue to leave." Ningning said at once and stood up. "The confectioner is arriving very soon, detach your lips by then."

"No promises." Jisoo grinned and leaned in. Not before Jennie slapped her arm and Ningning left with a roll of her eyes. "No kiss?" She pouted.

"Nope." Jennie shook her head, the corners of her lips twitching almost into a smile. Almost. The younger has been a little sulky since the morning and Jisoo made it her mission to cheer her up.

"Well you don't have to." Jisoo gave up easily. "But are you okay?"

"I guess." Jennie responded, a bit too blankly that it worried Jisoo more.

Should Jisoo ask the question that was on her mind? She is worried the younger might get offended if her assumption is wrong; but she has heard Jennie in the bathroom puking and she has been rubbing her tummy since the morning, so she is pretty certain of it.

"Um, Jen... are you....p-" Jisoo started awkwardly, re-gaining Jennie's attention. "P-Perhaps on your period..?"

"Is it that obvious?" Jennie sighed, being the one to lean into Jisoo this time.

"If you don't feel well, I'll tell Ningning to send that chef home and we can reschedule those dance lessons and the other stuff." Jisoo smiled, wrapping her arms around the brunette's body as she dropped a tender kiss on her temple.

"It's okay, I'll just take a painkiller." Jennie shook her head but her voice was whiny and her expression was so sulky that it made Jisoo's heart pound and sigh with her.