♡27♡

"That's a lot of sunflowers." Jennie noted.

"He liked them." Jisoo said as she laid another one before the tombstone. "He used to send them to me all the time."

"I see." Jennie said softly while she sat down with Jisoo. She held her hand silently but comfortingly while Jisoo was staring blankly ahead.

It's been three months since Seunghyun died.

Jisoo would like to say a lot changed since then but it didn't really. Her daily routine continued as she and Jennie returned to their home.

Her friends visited her to show compassion. Jennie stayed by her side as much as she could before Jisoo told her she was fine and insisted for her to leave for work.

A notable change however was the state of Sandara. Jisoo's mother was laid back since the murder. She didn't bother them, she planned nothing and just left them alone.

Jisoo wonders if what happened was what it took for her to stop being a control freak. If so, then she doesn't feel like it serves her right but she does blame her for what happened. At least partly, the other part she blames on herself.

Some days she feels particularly sad and other days it's like she is living her life without a care in the world. It's weird but that's how life goes.

Today in contrary she felt particularly good. When she got home she decided to have a celebration for Jennie. The reason? She just got a promotion.

"She's good friends with her boss right?" Lisa asked as she helped Jisoo carry the grocery bags to the apartment.

"Yes, I told her to invite her today so I can meet her. And at the same time she is going to celebrate with us." Jisoo explained. "Rosé is getting late too?"

"Yeah she had to sort some things out in the diner." Lisa confirmed.

"So it's up to you and me to decorate." Jisoo exclaimed as they reached the apartment and dropped the bags on the floor.

"I'm here too." Ningning cleared her throat, rolling her eyes.

"But you don't touch anything here without gloves and a distance of half a meter." Jisoo retorted.

"Since it's a special occasion I will make an exception." Ningning told her and started putting the food into the fridge.

They each decided to take care of different tasks so they are more productive.

Jisoo made the snacks, Lisa was by her side and researched on how to bake a cake. After all Jisoo could cook but she has never baked before. She doesn't think it's all that different though, so she doesn't worry much.

On the other side of the apartment Ningning was cleaning everything up and hanging up decoration.

"So far so good." Lisa iced the cake while Jisoo put strawberries on top.

It looked good enough for Jisoo to turn around and lend Ningning a hand while Lisa finishes the cake.

"How is it going?"

"I filled the balloons with helium." Ningning informed. "But now they are stuck at the ceiling."

"That's okay. It fits." Jisoo approved. "Let's hang the banner up."

The two tried to hang it up but midway Jisoo slipped on confetti and accidentally ripped part of it off.

"Damn." She cursed. "Why is the confetti everywhere?"

"It was in the bag." Ningning answered.

Jisoo planned to throw it when Jennie arrived but it didn't really matter. It still fit the atmosphere.

"Let's stick the banner back together." Ningning suggested.

So Jisoo was trying to glue it back together while Ningning lit up a few scented candles which Jisoo bought because Jennie likes them.

Jisoo placed the banner back on the wall and went to the kitchen to get snacks and wine. She put them all on the table and waited for Lisa to get the cake.

Lisa came soon with the cake in her hands. Only a few steps were left before she tripped on a pile of confetti.

Jisoo's heart jumped.

She tried to catch the cake but before she could even near it, her sleeve restraint her because it was stuck with the cord the banner was hanging on, resulting in her slipping from the chair. She also destroyed the banner, made the table fall, along with the food that flew in every direction.

The bottle of red wine clashed on the ground, had its fragments scatter everywhere as the three got covered with red liquid.

To top it all the cake landed on Ningning's face who swang her arms disoriented and caused the candles to fall on the carpet.

"Fire!" Lisa shrieked.

*****

"They are so holding a party for me right?" Jennie chuckled as she walked the stairs up with Rosé.

"If I say yes, I'll be the party pooper." Rosé laughed.

"It's okay, I'll act surprised." Jennie practiced her best shocked face but when she opened the door she realised she didn't have to practice.

The sight was enough to make her jaw drop.

"What......"

Jennie watched speechlessly as Jisoo, Lisa and Ningning were lying exhausted on the floor, having red stains on them while everything around them was a mess, it smelled like something burned and the black carpet confirmed that thought.

Her eyes darted to the half burned banner on the floor that said, 'Congratulations we are proud of you <3'

Rosé sighed and was about to scold them if it wasn't for Jennie who stepped forward and started to clean the apartment, confusing everyone.

Jennie was so moved, she wouldn't let their efforts be wasted.

She made everyone sit while she dragged the carpet to the small balcony, vacuum cleaned the floor, wiped it wet, went to the kitchen to make a cake and snacks, glued the banner back together and hung it up.

No one said a thing and just watched her until she put the cake on the table and sat with them.

"Thank you all for throwing me a party." Jennie then broke the silence with a gummy smile.

"Um...you are welcome..." They mumbled, slowly breaking into smiles of their own. Then they sliced the cake and celebrated.

"Here is the good stuff!" Giselle joined later with drinks in her arms, setting the mood.

"I got you flowers." Jisoo handed Jennie a bouquet of daisies, earning a peck on her lips and giggle in return.

"Thanks darling." Jennie wrapped her arms around her shoulder and gave her a deep kiss. The other couples were chatting too so they weren't booed for the short make out.

"No prob." Jisoo grinned. "I love you."

"I love you too."

Their exchange of affection was only interrupted by the door bell.

Jisoo stood up and went to the door since she expected Jennie's friend to have arrived.

When she opened the door, her arm dropped in shock.

"B-Bona..?"

Jisoo really couldn't catch a break.