Chapter 7

Alice looked at FP in awe before tears formed in her eyes. "Let's get you in bed." FP helped Alice under the covers and he turned around to leave, but he didn't get to stand because Alice grabbed his arm.

"Stay with me." Alice whispered and FP frowned. "Please."

"I thought you didn't want to be around me." FP pointed out kind of curious whether she'd rember that or not.

"Why did you leave me?" Alice asked and FP was speechless. "You just did it, like I was nothing to you."

"You're probably not gonna remember this in the morning." FP said and Alice shrugged her shoulders. "I didn't want to leave you."

"Then why did you?" Alice was still holding his arm. She didn't want to let go, not ever, but if all she had was that night she was gonna make the most of it.

"I wanted you to be safe." FP smiled. He laid down next to her. He wasn't going to do anything more than that, Alice wasn't in a position to consent to anything and taking advantage of her was out of the question.

"And I was safe with Hal." Alice let out a bittersweet chuckle. "So safe. You know that he hasn't touched me in a loving way in forever and we haven't had sex for almost two years? I think he's fucking Penelope. Apparently I'm not good enough."

"You're more than good enough." FP pushed a strand of hair away from her face and he just stared at her in a loving away for a few seconds. "You're perfect."

"If I were you wouldn't have left me." Alice's eyes filled with tears. "Do you regret it? Because I do, I wanted to spend every moment with you. I wanted to raise Charles." Alice stopped immediately.

"Charles? Who's Charles?" FP asked raising his eyebrows and Alice shook her head, but he kept on insisting. "Alice, who is Charles? You wanted to raise him with me?"

Suddenly Alice felt as if all her drunkenness was gone. She should've never opened her mouth near FP while drunk. "Nobody."

"Alice who's Charles?" FP asked firmly and she felt her hear shrink in her chest. She was still laying down, but FP had gotten up. "Who is Charles?"

"I, well, I, we, I-"

"Just tell me who Charles is?" FP was confused and curious. Because the only idea popping up in his mind about who Charles might've been was for him to be their child and he couldn't comprehend that.

"Our son." Alice whispered and she had to say it again in order for FP to actually manage to imagine it. "FP-"

"No." He shook his head and stepped back. "We have a son?" FP asked and Alice nodded. "He must be what? Twenty?"

"Yes." Alice whispered with tears in her eyes. Her head was spinning because of the alcohol she had drank, but she was sure she wasn't gonna forget that night, not anymore. "FP-"

"Don't!" He stopped Alice when she tried to get closer to him. "We have a twenty year old son, I have a twenty year old son. Where is he? How is he? Did you see him?"

"I don't know." Alice said quietly. All she knew about Charles was from since he was around sixteen, she didn't have any more information about him ever since.

"How do you not know?" FP asked raising his voice and Alice startled. It broke him to see her be afraid of him, but what broke him more was the fact that he had a twenty year old son he knew nothing about.

"I'm sorry, I-"

"That solves everything." FP cut her off as he made the two steps towards the door.

"Where are you going?" Alice asked and FP let out a bittersweet chuckle. The last thing he really wanted was to be there and take out his anger on her because even though he felt like she deserved it because she should've told him, he didn't think Alice should endure that in those moments.

"Somewhere." With that sad FP left rhe bedroom and the trailer. Alice would've gone after him, but she didn't feel as if she actually could.

It had been a bit over a week and Alice with Betty had already moved into a house, still in the Northside. The house had a living room, kitchen, bathroom and bedroom downstairs. It also had two bedrooms and a bedroom upstairs. Both Alice and Betty liked it. Also Sierra was handling Alice's divorce so she wouldn't have to meet with Hal.

Also Alice hadn't seen FP since she and Betty left. She needed to see how he was, she needed to talk to him and as scared as she was, one day she made her way to the trailer. She didn't dress as uptight as before, she liked the style most of the times, but not the colours. So Alice ended up putting on black jeans and ab equally black shirt, with its last two buttons left undone. She knocked on the trailers door and when FP opened it he almost slammed the door in her face.

"Please, I'm sure you have questions and I need to apologise." Alice was scared, not of FP, but of what she caused him.

"You've already done it, apologising won't fix anything." FP said, but he stepped to the side and let her in. "Jug's with Betty at the school, something about the paper."

"Yeah." Alice knew, that's why she chose that moment. She walked to the couch and sat down, FP was still up and he must've noticed how nervous she was because he sat down too.

"From beginning to end, everything."