Chapter 72

Two months later

Alice went on and on to FP about what the kids chose for college. Betty chose engineering and Jughead English, both at Yale. "God I wish you saw them on their first day, they rented an-" Alice suddenly stopped. She was looking at the wall in front of her as she spoke, not at FP, but her hand was in his and she felt something. "FP?" She looked at him, his eyes were slightly opened. "Can you squeeze my hand again?"

And he did, just a little, just enough for her to feel it, but FP did squeeze her hand and Alice started calling for a nurse to go get the doctor. For hours and hours tests were made and Alice wasn't allowed anywhere near them, she also didn't call anyone until she knew what was going on for sure. But later that day, it actually turned into night, she was finally approached by the doctor. "How is he?"

"His responses and tests showed great results and as far as I can tell there is no brain damage which is absolutely surprising." The doctor smiled. "You can go in and see him, but don't tire him too much, make sure you let us know if anything seems unusual, maybe his speech isn't well or his movements seem weird, but they really shouldn't according to all of our tests so far."

"Thank you!" Alice smiled widely, after so long she felt as if a huge stone was taken off of her and she could finally see the sun again.

Then she headed to his room. A nurse left just as Alice went in and she walked right next to FP. "Hey you." Her eyes filled with tears and finally they were tears of joy.

"Hey." FP said quietly. Her shiny eyes were his focus, he could finally see them after what felt like an eternity.

"How are you feeling?" Alice asked as she sat down on a chair and FP turned his head as to not lose sight of her.

"Good." He whispered. "Alice..." FP paused, going slowly just as the doctor had advised him. "I heard everything."

"What do you mean everything? Like when we were here? You heard us talk to you?" Alice asked with hope in her eyes and FP slightly nodded. Then she remembered her fights with Jughead and all the things she said around him to get them out. "I could've kept things a bit happier, huh?"

"Come closer." FP whispered and Alice didn't hesitate to do as told. He slowly lifted his head from the pillow and pressed his lips to Alice's in a cast kiss. "I'm glad you told me everything." He said after he laid down. "You kept me up to date with your every day visits."

"You have no idea how happy I am right now!" Alice whispered, a cold tear rolled down her cheek, but she couldn't be bothered to wipe it.

"Having everyone close and not being able to say anything was literally hell." FP wanted Alice to know that it was hard on him as well, not as hard as on her because she had to deal with the stares, the encouraging but not needed words she was told and the hate Jughead aimed at her. "Thank you for not giving up after a year."

"I have to call everyone, I have-"

"Wait." FP stopped her because he had something else in mind. "Why don't you get JB here and when I'm all cleared we can visit everyone at college?" He asked wanting to surprise everyone and Alice agreed, she would've agreed to anything he wanted in that moment. "I gotta ask you something."

"If it's about me meeting someone, no I haven't and I haven't had sex in so long it physically-"

"I wasn't gonna ask about that but good to know." FP smiled in amusement, he was sure nothing of the sort happened. "How are you?"

"Bayond great." Alice took into consideration just the present moments, but FP had to ask her about how she was generally.

"The pills stopped working a long time ago. How have you been sleeping?" The smile on Alice's face vanished as FP asked that question knowing he knew the truth. "You've lost a lot of weight Alice."

"Didn't the doctor say not to talk too much?" Alice tried to get out of a conversation that was only gonna hurt her and make her feel weak.

"Ok." FP nodded knowing what she was doing but it wasn't over. "Everything will be fine now, it has to."

There were so many things Alice through alone during that time such as her fights with Jughead, Cheryl that kept on being around and talking about Penelope, the kids leaving for college, Jellybean growing up so fast, the nightmares and the biggest secret of them all, her hip flask. The one that helped her get through the day, that numbed some of the pain. She was ashamed of herself, but all she had to do was get rid of it. However, it begged the question whether she should tell someone about it or not.

< - >

Hey guys! As you may notice Broken Love and Broken Promises are slowly approaching an end so I wanted to ask you if you want another Falice long story and what would you like to see in it. Like do you want them to be family people and experience more of the usual family drama (of course some crazy drama too)? Or do you want them to dedicate their lives to their jobs? What jobs would you like them to have? FBI agents? Firefighters? Doctors? What life situations would you want them to go through? Divorce? The loss of a family member? Or something else really specific?

Please let me know here or by a message or on Instagram (skadchensfalice), I would be incredibly grateful.❤️

Also if you have any suggestions on how I can improve my of writing they are more than welcomed and I apologise for any typos and errors, some may be because I'm rushing to finish chapters, some because of lack of sleep and some because English is not my first language after all, but I like to believe my skills have improved since September 16 2018 when I joined Wattpad.

< - >