Chapter 58

In the morning they made breakfast and sat down at the table with Jellybean, who was slowly warming up to Alice again. "Can you pass me the juice please?" Jellybean asked Alice and she did so with a smile on her face.

"Dad, I was wondering, can I sleep over at Sophie's tonight?" Jellybean asked nervously, but FP agreed. He loved that she had so many friends despite not having been in Riverdale a long time. "Thanks."

Later Jellybean went to pack some things and Alice with FP were in the kitchen cleaning up. Something was bothering Alice and she couldn't help but bring it up. "Are you going to talk to Sophie's parents?"

"Why?" FP frowned. He couldn't understand why Alice asked the question.

"Just to make sure Jellybean's going where she says she is." Alice said as simply as she could without changing anything in her tone, but she knew anyway that FP would be upset about that question.

"My daughter's not a liar!" FP put down the plate he was drying.

"I didn't say-"

"You insinuated. I know I haven't been around, but I think I know her better than you do." FP wanted to walk away, but stopped himself knowing it would hurt Alice.

"Ok." Alice gave in because the last thing she wanted was a fight. "She's your daughter, you know what to do."

All day long Alice had a bad feeling about it and she knew FP didn't call Sophie's parents. She had been also thinking all day about him insisting she spoke to Hermione and eventually she did talk to someone. But not to Hermione about her pills. Around nine and a half that night she picked up FP's phone and called Sophie's mom. "Hello, I'm Alice. A friend of FP's. I'm sorry to bother you, I was just wondering how Jellybean is doing?"

"What do you mean?" The woman asked and Alice explained to her exactly what Jellybean had told her father. "She's not here. Wait a second." And the woman called for her daughter and after a few moments she was back on the phone with information for Alice. "Turns out they lied. Jellybean is at Chad's house. I'm so sorry, the girls seem to have done this behind our backs."

"It's fine. If you could give me the address it would be lovely." Alice sounded as sweet as she could, but she was worried. She wrote down the address then she put down the phone just in time for when FP walked into the room.

"What are we gonna do?" FP asked thinking they had the night for themself and were going to watch some TV since Alice couldn't get a good night's sleep without her pills.

"Actually Sophie's mom called you. I picked up, I hope you don't mind." Alice wanted first to go and see what Jellybean was doing at Chad's house before alarming FP. "She's feeling a little unwell, you know, that time of the month. She has a stomachache and I figured I could go get her."

"I'll come too then-"

"It's fine, I'll be back with her shortly. Unless you really don't want me to go." Alice knew that adding the last sentence would make FP let her go alone and she was thanful it worked.

Alice went to the address she was given and when she knocked on the door she was welcomed inside by a tall dark-haired man, he had broad shoulders and in his eyes was a weird blurry look, Alice figured almost immediately that he was drunk. "I'm sorry to trouble you. But I'm looking for Jellybean."

"Jellybean?" The man laughed. "What a ridiculous name!"

"I think it's rather unique and beautiful." Alice noticed the pure shock in his eyes. Maybe it was because she didn't agree with him and spoke out, she couldn't really tell and she didn't want to be there long enough to figure it out. "Anyway, I believe she's with Chad."

"Chad!" The man yelled for his son's name and soon he was in the hallway. "Is some girl named Jellybean here?" His father played dumb.

"Who's asking?" He looked at Alice and she slightly frowned. "Who are you?"

"Can you tell Jellybean to come downstairs please?" Alice asked and shortly both the father and the son laughed in her face. "What's so funny?"

"Just that he ain't gonna tell her shit. Turn around, go home. The girl's with her boyfriend." The man whose name Alice didn't even ask for told her.

"How old are you?" Alice asked Chad and he told her he was nineteen. "She's fourteen, do you realise what this is? A five year long difference. She's a minor."

"Go home lady." Chad said as he turned around to leave and Alice went to follow him, but she was stopped by his father.

"Let me go get Jellybean. This is wrong!" Alice tried to walk forward, but he stopped her by holding her tightly in front of him by her arms.

"Get the hell out!" He didn't wait for her to do so. Instead he opened the door and pushed Alice outside.

Alice walked on the sidewalk for a few moments wondering what to do, but she had no other choice than to call FP. So she pulled out her phone. "Hey, I'll send you an address. You have to come here. Jellybean's inside with a nineteen year old and his father won't let me get her."

"What?" FP asked after he listened to Alice, but he was already putting his shoes on. "I'm on my way."