Chapter 63

Alice stepped closer to him, she lifted her hand to his cheek and as he leaned in and they kissed they felt as if time had stopped, allowing them to be together, just for a while at least. "Alice, are you-?"

"Beyond sure." Alice whispered as she pulled off her shirt. FP watched her in the dim light of the lamp in the corner of the room. He could see her scared body, then he looked in her eyes. They were sparkling with tears.  She feared she'd get a reaction out of him, that he'd be disgusted by her, but all he did was offer her the most gentle smile.

FP touched her shoulders and his palms slowly fell down on her arms as he pressed soft kisses on her skin. He kissed every single scar he could see, taking away as much as he could of Alice's pain. "You're beautiful." He felt the need to assure Alice of that. To show her that no matter what her beauty could not fade in his eyes. 

Alice was speechless as her bra fell onto the floor. FP took her by her hands and led her to the bed. They got rid of the rest of their clothes and climbed into bed. "My love." Alice whispered as she pulled him into a kiss. They hadn't been each other's like that for decades. She missed his touch, she remembered it exactly, every single move he used to make. He still made those moves, but he was more sure of himself and of her body.

"Yours forever." FP kissed her forehead before his hands made their way to her most sensitive body parts when it came to love-making.

As FP teased her Alice pushed her body closer to him, moaning and desperately wanting to be his. But she let him feel her as she felt him, they got reacquainted with each other's mature bodies. Everything, every single move had deeper meaning. The way they lingered upon every bit of skin because they feared so much having to leave again.

Eventually they found themselves in each other's arms feeling the excitement of their orgasms slowly leave their bodies. Fear followed Alice soon, but FP refused to allow her to feel it that night. "You're more gorgeous than ever before Alice."

"Oh, FP." Alice sighed, he knew what he was trying to do and she knew it wouldn't work. He knew it too, he knew her too well not to know that his plans were in vain. "Let's leave Riverdale, forever. You won't have to deal with The Serpents anymore. We could-"

"You don't really want this." He knew she didn't, if she did she wouldn't have bought the house. She wouldn't have stayed after Jocelyn's death. There were so many things she wouldn't have done if she wanted to leave Riverdale and they both knew it. "I know you're scared, but it'll be fine Alice."

"It's never fine when it comes to us." A shiver travelled through her whole body and she found herself unable to stop it. "I wanna be optimistic, I do. I just can't. I'm sorry."

"Don't be. You're right." By the change in her breathing he knew she didn't expect that. "But I'll do everything I can for it to be fine. I've got my kids, your girls, I've finally got you Alice. I don't know what's happening in The Southside, but I know I'll do everything I can to help them and not put myself in danger, ok?" FP was still rather confused about what was happening there because nobody told him anything.

"Why do you have to put others before you?" Alice asked as she snuggled up to him.

"Why do you have to do the same thing?" FP shoot right back and Alice let out a chuckle involuntarily. "Let's get some sleep after this magical night, shall we?"

Alice cupped his cheeks and kept her face close to his. "Can I tell you something? About Jocey."

"Sure." FP didn't want Alice to feel as if she couldn't talk about her. She lost her, not a very long time before and somehow Jocelyn managed to bring her back to life and back to him.

"She used to pretend all my scars weren't there. As if I was just me from before, just like that." Alice smiled remembering that. "It helped then, you know? I felt again like the Alice from before, the one that spent those few great days with you before they took me-"

"I'm sorry if I-"

"No no no." Alice cut him off. "It's the contrary. You made me feel like the new me, the one that had to go through that and that is slowly getting over it. I think some stuff will be there forever, but I know that while I have you I can live with it. So thank you, you've done me more good than you can imagine."

"You have no idea how much I love you."