Chapter 43

"That's great." Alice forced a smile, but she knew it didn't look as a smile. Her girlfriend died and the man she was helplessly in love with was with someone else. "So how did you guys meet?"

"At the Wyrm." FP said and Alice asked for more details. He was reluctant because telling her all those details wasn't doing either of them any good. Seeing Alice in that state made FP feel sorry for her, he didn't want to add to all the pain she was feeling. "She came to visit a friend and we started talking, a couple months later we were together."

"She's your girl from the bar." Alice remembered the Grey's Anatomy reference. FP watched the first season with her, he promised to watch the whole show with her, but because of the circumsta they didn't get to.

"Yeah." FP said as he slightly nodded. 'Except that you're my girl from the bar.' FP thought. The first time he saw Alice was in a small bar in the Northside near the school where students spent time after the first day. They didn't talk then, but he saw her and he knew from that moment he'd never forget her. But Alice didn't know that, FP never told her. "Have you eaten today?"

"I have." Alice said and by the sound of her voice he knew it was a lie.

"Fast food?" FP asked knowing she could never resist that and she nodded. As he took a turn right FP took a moment to look at her. She was stunning, the light of the sun falling directly on her face, her bright blue eyes sparkling and her nose was red from all the crying. His heart ached for her, but it also ached for himself. Between them it was never easy, even in high school. The fights, the jealousy, but then when they grew up and found each other everything seemed perfect, that until she left. FP knew she needed time, maybe she needed to be away, but she could've asked him to go with her, she shouldn't have ended things the way she did. If they talked more he would've understood, he would've backed her up and he would've waited for her. But she moved on and after hearing she had FP did too.

They stopped at the nearest fast food and FP got out of the car. When he saw Alice didn't he went and opened the door for her, but she stood still. Alice wanted to sit in the car, but it would've been too painful to he there only with FP and feel all the tension in the air. "You coming?"

"Yeah." Alice looked down at the urn in her hands and she stood up. She put it down on her seat and after she made sure FP locked the car they went inside and ordered.

They sat to a booth, the furthest away from people and started eating. When Alice wasn't eating she was playing with her sleeves, pulling her down as much as possible and FP noticed it. Around Jocelyn she never did it because she acted as if the scars weren't there, she helped Alice with her problems and talked about them to make sure the scars won't be reopened. But around FP Alice was nervous about them. Not because he judged her, but because she promised she'd never hurt herself and she broke that promise.

"Just because you're pulling your sleeves doesn't mean I don't know they're there." FP said without hesitation and Alice froze. "I was there when you showed them." He was thinking that she had much more nerve then, certainly because she wasn't grieving.

"I know." Alice felt the pain in her chest increase and she took a few breaths trying not to make it obvious, but FP noticed. "Sorry."

FP was going to say something, but he didn't get to start because his phone was ringing. He looked at the screen and saw Aimee's name on it. "I gotta get this."

"Sure." Alice nodded and watched him walk to the corner of the diner where he had more privacy.

"Hey, where are you babe?" Aimee asked as soon as FP answered.

"I'm with Alice. Her girlfriend died and I went with her while she was cremated. I didn't want to leave her alone." FP was definitely not going to lie and after a short pause Aimee said something.

"I'm so sorry for her loss, I assume we're not on for dinner-"

"I'll be home by then. We can still go." FP cut her off and he could hear the smile in Aimee's voice when she told him she was going to pick her outfit in a little while then, after saying good bye FP went to the booth.

"It was Aimee, right?" Alice assumed that if it were anybody else he would've gotten it there and when FP nodded it was only confirmed. "You know, I've hurt Jells and I'd really like to make it up to her. Can I please meet with her?"

"Fine." FP said after taking a moment to think about it. He couldn't refuse Alice when she was in that state. "Betty and Jug are going on a date tonight. You can stay with JB and I'll cancel the sitter."

"Thank you."